Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

does anyone now

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training does anyone now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    tracieann

a on line training course i could do that quite cheap im looking to do a dog grooming course now im already a dog trainer but would like to do grooming as well ive had 2 years exsperience with grooming all types of dogs ive also done family and freinds any info would be good ive phone a few places (grooming parlours) where i live but they have no jobs going at the mo i live in thetford norfolk please can any1 help thanx i dont all ways have time to get on here so you can email me on tracieannhotmail.co.uk thanx

Anonymous

You cannot become a dog groomer on the cheap either can it be done on the net you need to find a good grooming academy or work your way up with a qualified grooming establishment
    Val

*Lassie*

Sorry you can’t learn to groom a dog on line, if you did I wouldn’t be a customer. That is one job you need to do a hands on course with.

Can only echo Val, learning to groom isnt cheap, nor should it be you say you have experience, what type of experience, brushing bathing or actual grooming, as in clipping stripping?

Rather than give out you remail (expect to get tons of crap sent to you now) subscribe to the thread which im sure you can do it should send you email reports if someones posted.

[quote author=Lassiemad link=topic=11292.msg212217#msg212217 date=1209322713]
    Sorry you can’t learn to groom a dog on line, if you did I wouldn’t be a customer. That is one job you need to do a hands on course with.
    [/quote]

trouble is lots of people do learn this way and customers are none the wiser, most dont even ask what qualifications we have, bloody online courses they a waste of time.  >:(

tracieann

ive worked in a grooming parlour for about 2 years but dont no where to get my certifcates from ive done stripping clipping bathing ear trimming nail trimming ave also done poodles i no i said cheap what i ment was does any one no where i can do a course for dog grooming as ive been a dog trainer for 2 year and now want to do dog training as well i live in thetford norfolk so there isnt a lot of colleges that do it around where i am any help would be good thanx

tracieann

i dont work in the grooming parlour no more as when i ask her to put me threw my exams she said no because she didnt have alot of money but we were taking in double the amount of dogs as i was doing most of the work

I’d be very very surprised if your employer at the grooming parlour couldn’t give the best advice on qualifications, after all, they should know!

Anonymous

DeZynaDog are based in Norfolk am suprised you have never heard of them……….but then again maybe I am not suprised  ::)
    Val

Anonymous

hey cheeky !!!!    😮

Anonymous

Nothing cheeky about it just say it how I see it  ::)

if you have been grooming for 2years you can put yourself through your city and guilds exams, but it depends on the quality of your grooming, no point if your grooming isnt up to standard waste fo time and money. What sort of stage are you at grooming wise, can you groom a poodle in lamb trim to a good quality?

If your grooming is already ok then grooming courses are pointless, you should have already covered what they will if you were really turning out that many dogs at your old job….

Anonymous

Suz I don’t think the standard is there if you have been grooming AND you live in Norfolk you would know DeZynaDog doG we groom way down south and know them
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=11292.msg212597#msg212597 date=1209500937]
    if you have been grooming for 2years you can put yourself through your city and guilds exams, but it depends on the quality of your grooming, no point if your grooming isnt up to standard waste fo time and money. What sort of stage are you at grooming wise, can you groom a poodle in lamb trim to a good quality?

If your grooming is already ok then grooming courses are pointless, you should have already covered what they will if you were really turning out that many dogs at your old job….
    [/quote]

she not know of dezynadog?  ???

Anonymous

If she did why is she asking us they have all the answers  ::)

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=11292.msg212608#msg212608 date=1209501508]
    she not know of dezynadog?  ???
    [/quote]

ah yeah good point  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime