Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

weight/ muscle loss??

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health weight/ muscle loss??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

stan seems to have lost a bit of tone, im not sure if its muscle or weight you can particularly feel the loss on his bum as you can feel the bones. im not sure if i should feed him more or walk him more so any help will be appreciated, oh i will take him to the vets tomorrow just to be weighed

*Nat*

Have you changed anything with his diet or exercise  ???

not realy changed anything about his excersise, other than the times of the walks. diet i have because of his tummy probs.
    hes got a nice covering over his ribs, as in you can feel then but not see them, it just seems to be his bum and legs that was why i wondered if it was muscles?

GSPmad

Get some vids of him walking and trotting and stick em up (in a manner of speaking  😀 ). Might just be cos he been having tummy trouble and lost a bit of weight – if not eating muscle goes as well. Have you noticed any changes in the way he’s walking?

😀 funny you should say that gsp as recently i have thought that hes walking a bit funny/ different. i did get a video of him walking the other day but i cant find it now so will do another one and post it later.

Anonymous

That sounds muscles to me get some pics and a video up has he ever had any pics taken of his hips?

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11939.msg228655#msg228655 date=1215346791]
    not realy changed anything about his excersise, other than the times of the walks. diet i have because of his tummy probs.
    hes got a nice covering over his ribs, as in you can feel then but not see them, it just seems to be his bum and legs that was why i wondered if it was muscles?
    [/quote]

he hasnt had any x-rays or anything done of his hips but at his medical in april the vet checked his hips and said they were fine
    here are some pictures, i will post the videos later because photobucket wont upload them for some reason

hips
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stan005-2.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stan006-1.jpg[/img]

butt
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stan004.jpg[/img]
    this isnt his ussual stance he was getting a bit worried bless 🙂
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stan007-1.jpg[/img]
    this is his ussual stand

GSPmad

i think you’re right – he looks like he’s got less muscle over his right hip than his left. And when he walks\ trots his toes turn in a bit at the back and he looks as though he has just got a slight limp on the right to me.  :-\

i would say vet check – but bev or val might say different – val may well know a good chiro or something in your area as i think you’re not too far away from each other.  🙂

i did think about getting a chiro to have a check but though i would check with you lot first ;D seeing as im still a relative newbie to dogs

Anonymous

The video is too short and too jumpy to see anything, in the last picture he looks to have more weight and muscle on the left than the right.
    The only reason I asked about his hips was the fact his gentic makeup is two breeds that has HD,sometimes when the vet knows a breed and is not just treating a dog when they remove the nuts they sometimes do the hips
    Will await other video
    Val

i will get another video done when i take him out in a bit, i will also try and get hold of his old owner to find out if shes had anything done with his hips. i think its just photobucket that is making it jump because its fine otherwise

Got to agree with the others, less muscle on the right…………..

im just trying to upload some more pictures but its taking blooming ages 😀

val can i e-mail you the videos because for some reason photobucket wont upload them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime