Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

I’ve started Clicker Charging today! Very excited!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training I’ve started Clicker Charging today! Very excited!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Crafty1980

Just had first clicker charging session with Izzy. It went well… I think… She’s still happy sniffing around the floor where all the treats were thrown to make sure she didn’t miss any. I’ll do it a couple more times today and see if we get any firm results!

I did just pick up the clicker again (after about 5mins of doing the charging) and she sat down and looked at me rather than the floor… Bev said she’ll look at the floor rather than me when it’s worked?? Is that right?? ???

Gracie

well done  🙂

you deliver some treats from your hand too, then mix it up hands / floor and then yes she should be looking for the treats on the floor or your hands. tis still early days tho will take a few sessions, think Bev says 3  🙂
    (where is is the treat pot? maybe that is what she is looking at – or you cause she aint daft and knows no treats on floor coz she can see them?)

*Nat*

Well done keep up the good work  ;D

Crafty1980

I did indeed… Followed Bev’s post to the letter… Floor, Hand, Random Order, etc… Her treat pot was hidden behind me (and is always hidden incidentally). I think she know’s it lives on the shelf but can’t see it from the floor. She certainly starts wagging her tail when I reach up there!

Yeah I know it takes more than one session… Today is all about clicker charging! Don’t care how many sessions it takes! 🙂 She’s going to be a perfect dog I tell you!!

Izzie

Well done, keep us updated on how you both get on!  🙂

well done sounds like you are doing great and izzie is responding really well, keep it up  ;D

*Nat*

Just looking through your photos, she’s so pretty, love the ones of her playing outside and of her in bed with your boots  😀 Piper likes to sleep with shoes and boots too  ;D  ::)

Crafty1980

[quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12112.msg233079#msg233079 date=1217326841]
    Piper likes to sleep with shoes and boots too  ;D
    [/quote]

I can’t understand it! She loves them… they stink! I’m worried she won’t wake up one of these days after she’s slept with her head down one of them!! 😀

xtine

Great pics Ben.. she is very pretty.. and so small in that big bed  😀

am going to PM you

*Nat*

You wait , she’ll probably start giving them to you as a gift when you come home  😀 Oh and the smellier the better  😀  😉

Crafty1980

[quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12112.msg233082#msg233082 date=1217327712]
    You wait , she’ll probably start giving them to you as a gift when you come home  😀 Oh and the smellier the better  😀  😉
    [/quote]

Never going to happen! Learnt the hard way last night when round my parents for a BBQ. Left her in her bed in the office and came back to find one of my new(ish) shoes in bits… Needless to say I’ve learnt from my mistakes, especially with the thoughts of “oh she’s fine… look at her *as she looks at me and tilts her head on the side*… wouldn’t hurt a fly… my shoes will be fine…” NOT!

Crafty1980

Am I meant to do the clicker charging sitting on the floor or standing up? Or doesn’t it matter? I’ve done a session of both so far… I think it went better with me standing up… Although she’s clearly not a fast learner! Think it’s going to take more than 3 sessions!

Sweetypye

It does not matter, although later on if you want to start shaping skills, sitting in the chair can be come a cue for the session.

Crafty1980

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12112.msg233104#msg233104 date=1217333601]
    It does not matter, although later on if you want to start shaping skills, sitting in the chair can be come a cue for the session.
    [/quote]

Ok… Thanks…

i am trying to remember how bev described labs learning after she freeshaped my step son who was described as a lab  🙂 he over thought everything, he did the strangest most obscure things, whereas i kept repeating the same things again and again  ::)

anyway labs may not learn as afast as some breeds but they learn things very well and they stick well and maybe less likely to learn bad habits as quick  😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime