Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

New Home Needed – Golden Retriever

Home Archive Forums General Category Sales and wanted New Home Needed – Golden Retriever

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    frisbena

Hope I’ve put this on the correct part!

Breed: Golden Retriever
    Colour: Golden
    Vaccinated: Yes
    Microchipped: Yes
    Neutered: No
    Where: Stockport, Cheshire
    Tel: 0161 483 7245 or 0783 7857694
    Email: C_Lomas@hotmail.com

Comments:
    Owners have separated and their circumstances mean they cannot keep her.

She is exceptionally well behaved and would make a lovely obedience/heelwork to music dog.

She’d love to do flyball or agility too, just she wouldn’t be the fastest. BUT she’d love it!!

She is house trained, well socialized, excellent with dogs, children, noises etc. Very friendly. Excellent all round obedience. Loads of tricks in her repertoire and loves to learn and please.

Looking for a good home – if my situation was different I wouldn’t hesitate to have her!!

If anyone would like more details please let me know

Anonymous

Surely the breeder will take her back

frisbena

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=12432.msg240453#msg240453 date=1221295665]
    Surely the breeder will take her back
    [/quote]

They probably would but they’d rather see if she can be rehomed 1st, so it’s one less move for the dog.

Anonymous

Hi,

This dog should be going back to the breeder unless you have good reason to believe it isnt in the dogs interests.

These people are unwilling to make the nessesary arrangements to keep their dog presumably just 6 MONTHS after they bought it – what makes them think they could judge the right home for an ENTIRE bitch?

Are they selling her – if so you cannot advertise here.

Claire.

and yes i have been through divorce and ooh look i still have my dog  :boooo:

frisbena

Honey has now found a new home

Glad shes found a home.

And Claire that was unfair – it isnt always clear and simple – and is lots of people out there who let the dogs go as its best for the dogs ok  :-*

Mudgie

that comment was out of order – I had to rehome my two bitches – I did it because I couldnt give the attention to them that the 3 needed.  Things arent always black and white. 

You were lucky you could keep your dogs – I rehomed mine not because I didnt love them but because I did – and yes it still bloody hurts and not a day goes by that I dont miss them and wish it could all have been different – why did I give them up because I loved them not because it was easy because it wasnt and still isnt but I KNOW they are happy with a loving couple who I yes ME deemed right for them – I hope Honey brings her new family lots of love and happiness and they give her the same. 

Unfortunately no amount of love pays vet bills, food bills, class bills, dog walker bills – circumstances change and we all do the best we can even if it isnt up to other peoples standards.

I am currently going through divorce and I dont have all my dogs

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) mudgie  :-*  :-* we know  :-*

Izzie

Mudgie you did what was right by your girls, what you did was very brave and selfless of you((((HUGS)))) hon,

Anonymous

Hi,

Luck !!??

I do not think that has anything to do with it – I kept my dog because I wanted to keep him and because I wanted to keep him I made sure everything I needed to happen to make sure we were both happy was done.  It took alot of dedication to do this and most certainly didnt just happen by “luck”.  It took hard work and some pretty major changes to pull off. 

I understand your point Mudgie but I also know through my rescue work that a great many people take the easiest option available and boot out the dog rather than actually step up and honour the commitment they made when they bought them.  I also know that many people would rather sell on their dog than hand it back to the breeder for 2 reasons.  1) pride. and 2) money.

Claire.

Mudgie

my point is claire that you dont know their circumstances you just jumped to conclusions.

I wanted to keep my dogs too Claire – I love Bluebell and Elsa tremendously – went through a lot with both of them – I never took an easy option – I never returned her to the breeder because due to her fathers illness she was fully committed and I never sold the girls either – although i was offered money I took nothing – I was insulted to be offered it. 

All I want is for my dogs to have a happy, full and loving life – perhaps just perhaps that is what Honeys owners want too. 

Sometimes a bit more understanding and kindness would go a long long way.

Anonymous

Hi,

I would imagine they probably do but my point was how can they really be sure of that – you say i assume but it already states they’re not bothering with the breeder. 

Thats not really the same as your situation where the breeder was fully aware and presumably thought you were knowledgeable enough to home them yourself ?

I dont “do” understanding other peoples point of view very well and yes I do have a black and white view of the world.  I just have to live with these limitations and do my best not to pass them on to my wee one.

Claire x

frisbena

Hi All

Even though Honey has found a home I felt I should just clarify the situation.

The breeder was aware of the situation and was happy for me to take the responsability  of rehoming the dog, as I am an obedience trainer (it is myself that has trained the dog) and I am also a BC breeder so I am more than capable of finding a suitable home for the dog.

I did not put any of this on my post because it is irrelevant it is my responsiblity to rehome the dog not to be questioned on if I am capable. The situation is by no means black and white – they do not want to rehome the dog but know there is no other choice and it is by far a better option for the dog!

This is an open forum where people seek help and advice not to be critised I was appauled by your post piglet and suggest that if you want to know details that in all fairness don’t concern you anyway, as at no point did you offer the dog a home you do it via personal message and get the facts before you comment.

Thank you to everyone else who understood that the response was most definetly not right.

Anonymous

Thank you for your post frisbena, I too wish that poster did a little thinking before they post this is not a black and white world we live in, some folks do look on dogs as baggage to be moved around when they get fed up, then there are others that just have to not because they don’t love their dog but wish too do what is best for the dog regardless of the hurt it causes for the owner.
    I was pleased to read she has a new home and that all is well
    Val

Anonymous

Claire
    I have deleted your last post I know you are Miss Perfect but this world we live in is NOT at least this lass has been homed by someone that knows about putting dogs in the right home, sometimes if a breeder trust someone it’s better for the dog this way saves having to go back to the breeder then back out to another home
    So behave or I will mod you
    And while I am here take a deep breath and think of Mudgie before you post how wonderful your world is the real world is not all rosies
    Val

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime