Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What breed – the DNA answer

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds What breed – the DNA answer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Have just found this on Amazon.com, not sure if you can get it here in the UK, but it would answer all those questions about what breeds are in my cross breed.

DNA Breed Identification

.dodger.

ummm don’t know if it is just me but i was expecting a lot more than $52.97 😮 😀

have you got any pic’s of your dog – i’ve never seen any 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

As Dog Club admin I get sent pictures from time to time from people asking what breed is this dog.  They are obvious cross breeds, but with what breeds is nearly impossible to tell.  I think most people now post to this forum their pictures to be identified.

My brother rescued a very young pup from the road side and took it to a vets.  The vet reconed the pup was a jack russell cross and would only grow to the size of a jack russell.  The dog is now the size of a collie!  So it is very hard to get it right.

If you look down the amazon page there is feed back as to what people have found out about their cross breeds.

Anonymous

lol !!!!

this happened to me while in rescue – this weeny little “palm of your hand” thing got left in a box one  morning and we thought it was blk/tan small jack russell …. he’s now bigger than my dogs, getting on for a definite medium – large size dog !!  how it survived i dont know it literally must have been days old, not weeks as we thought!

claire x

Anonymous

and laura – admin has got dobies, there did used to be pics on here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am sure about the dogs I have are firmly Dobes.

The thing is Dobes are a very young breed, and some of the origins have come from speculation. Weim and Manchester terrier to mention a couple. 

So what would a DNA test of a Dobe reveal?  Let alone some of the Heinz (52 varieties) cross breeds

GSPmad

There is a funtrivia question which I’m fairly sure mentions Manchester Terrier, Weim and Rottie as being in the origins… not that it is to be relied on for accuracy of course.  😀

Mudgie

I think I would want to see scientific evidence on that before I believed it

Anonymous

i dont think laura was questioning that they were dobes just wanting a piccy !

GSPmad

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12901.msg248241#msg248241 date=1225460224]
    I think I would want to see scientific evidence on that before I believed it
    [/quote]

on the DNA kit or the fact that admin has dobes?  😀

*Nick*

isn’t this the same thing that people mocked merdilessly when it was brought up before?  :confused:

are diesel and admin the same person? accent seems the same  :crazy:

GSPmad

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12901.msg248546#msg248546 date=1225573165]
    isn’t this the same thing that people mocked merdilessly when it was brought up before?  :confused:

[/quote]

diesel and admin are completely different people.  ;D

Anonymous

their accent ???

do you get sound nick ??

admin (from what i know) regards england as home but does spend time here there and everywhere doing important stuff

diesel lives in umm … now where is it …. ummm oh yeah Belgium (i assume) hence the BSD’s 🙂

Claire x

GSPmad

Diesel’s profile says Belgium.  🙂 I keep thinking it’s Denmark because of the Flemish, though I’m not sure why.  ??? I know he’s said it’s Belgium before now.  🙂

Diesel73

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12901.msg248546#msg248546 date=1225573165]

[/quote]
    Bwahahaha  😀 , nope we not the same person. He (far as i know) is Brit, and yes Teri, i’m Belgian born breed, raised and always will be.
    Denmark? Is different language  :-* . Flemish based on Dutch  😉 .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime