Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

help please

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training help please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey everyone, i need some advice. Meg has been quite bossy with ollie recently, yesterday she started with diarohhea (sp) do you think it is because she is feeling under the weather? When i prep their food in the mornings she stares at him and this morning got hold of him by the neck when he was just sitting in his spot! He sat and let her… I called her and she came to me and sat in her place but was growling at him, then later she growled at him in the lounge, no food or toys around. She, and i, have been up all night so she is tired too! Any advice as to what to do? If i shout that will do when she growls then it makes her worse, i just call her name in a nice high voice and she calms, why is this? Out of my depth and drowning alone. X

BLess ya hang in there poor you and poor meg – and yep she will feel grouchy if shes poorly, Honey has beena complete beast to poor old Buster (who just takes it) while shes been poorly, if she was on the sofa and he was other side of the room shed growl a warning to stay the hell away – girls eh  ::) how is meg feeling this morning?  :-*

Anonymous

hiya,

i missed this …

i would read the neck snap as warning him off the resource – Ollie would sit and let her cos thats Ollie he’s a forgiving boy and you lucky to have him 🙂

general growling is probably more about feeling sick – bonnie has had the growlies with wills recently because she’s been feeling sick but thinks shes missing out so tells him off for nothing like Ollie – he takes it because thats just him.

shouting = loud barking so she responds by upping the ante

sillyvoice = mummy relaxed and all is well, hears her name and no stress in voice so its safe to come over.

you know how to settle her – calling in silly voice so break it call her name to alert her and a cue that you can then reward 🙂  if she breaks this easily reward of your soft voice is plenty for her 🙂  give her lots of it and let her come for gentle strokes if she wants 🙂  (because of feeling ill just gentle)

Claire x

p.s. as usual the advice is dont re-inforce it – easily said, not easily done 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime