Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

have you got a dablea dobermann

Home Archive Forums General Category Introductions have you got a dablea dobermann

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hello i am the very proud owner of a dablea dobermann who is a wonderfull dog i have meet one of his brothers who lives local and would love to see photos if possible of some if not all of his family he was born on july the 24 2005 in icklingham bury st edmunds  and i would love to have a photo of his dad his dads name is chevolets jewel in the crown it would make my day to just one photo that i could put in a frame 
    y

Bilclarie

If I’m totally honest I personally have never heard of them but good luck with your search

Mo and the Gang

latifah

Best of luck Farrokh, you know Latifah is a dablea too, although with no papers no ped she isn’t really?
    We haven’t met any others yet either. Have you asked on the dobe forums?

Anonymous

hi,

i thought farokh also didnt have any papers ?

it seems to me this ‘breeder’ is knocking out pet bred dogs from vwd carrier lines. 

i am not asking this to “have a go” but I would be really interested to know why you didnt do more research before paying out money for a “pedigree” dog ?  For example, did warning bells ring when you didnt get papers on collection ?  Did you know about their lines being VWD carriers ?  What made you choose dobermanns and the specific ones you chose ?

hindsight is a wonderful thing but i often wonder why people settle for less than “the best” of pedigree dogs and not just get a rescue dog ?

i knew very little about dogs when i collected william (literally – there was a leg at each corner and keep away from the sharp end) but even then i understood that if we didnt rescue there were certain checks we’d need to do as my ex-husbands uncle had recently bought a gorgeous black labrador (slim working sort – for shooting with) and we’d seen them researching. 

Before we got bonnie i spent forever researching basenji lines and what they were like (incase you are wondering i think it was kiz who suggested them).

claire.

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=13544.msg259945#msg259945 date=1233853338]
    hi,

i thought farokh also didnt have any papers ?

it seems to me this ‘breeder’ is knocking out pet bred dogs from vwd carrier lines. 

i am not asking this to “have a go” but I would be really interested to know why you didnt do more research before paying out mon

hindsight is a wonderful thing but i often wonder why people settle for less than “the best” of pedigree dogs and not just get a rescue dog ?

i knew very little about dogs when i collected william (literally – there was a leg at each corner and keep away from the sharp end) but even then i understood that if we didnt rescue there were certain checks we’d need to do as my ex-husbands uncle had recently bought a gorgeous black labrador (slim working sort – for shooting with) and we’d seen them researching. 

Before we got bonnie i spent forever researching basenji lines and what they were like (incase you are wondering i think it was kiz who suggested them).

claire.

[/quote]

i did not go looking for the best but i found it he is a wonderfull dog lovimg a gentle soul  he is fit as flea and a very happy dog and i dont care if he has no papers i love him and he loves me he would die for me and if you are looking for the best as you call it take a look at farrokhs  photo’s  i only wanted to see his family to see if all the males in his family are as good looking as he is  the best your having a laugh i hope

Anonymous

Hi,

having a laugh ?  no, really very serious – i am not talking about “looks” or “temprament” here, i feel that in a pedigree dog they should be ‘givens’ anyway – i am talking best as in reducing the chances of having a dog who develops one of the many nasty conditions that float around genetically  🙁

Claire x

*Lassie*

Farrokh was registered with the KC but there was no pedigree
    He belongs to my sister who thinks the world of him. At the time the breeder seemed to be on the level and had been breeding for twenty years.
    My sister was not too clever at school and she is hopeless with a computer, you said it yourself Claire that you were worse than useless when you got Wills  you have had an expert Kiz helping you.

i only wanted to see his family to see if all the males in his family are as good looking as he

She means good looking in the sense of fit healthy and all his bits in the right place so don’t start on her Claire

Anonymous

Hi,

Yep I know he belongs to your sister Lassie and I aint “starting” on anyone. 

I’m glad that he is fit and healthy and I would never want him to get ill – i wouldnt want anyones dog to be ill, least of all from a nasty genetic illness, i cannot comment on his looks further than “he is a nice looking dog” as i dont know the breed + standard well enough.

I didnt know Kiz for years after I got William and we had a lovely happy life together – he was fed completely the wrong food which made him ill and he had repeated trips to the vets because his food was so rubbish his body wasnt working properly.  I fed him that food because I trusted what the rescue centre told me and I kept taking him to the vets because I trusted what they told me.

I readily admit this – I just see so many posts about pedigree dogs and papers / pedigrees on here it interests me to know how these breeders are “tricking” people into buying dogs – e.g. is it a lower price for some, availability of a litter for others, do people check up on details breeders give them or accept them ?

Its not only aimed at ur sis – i just wondered as we now have 2 of these dogs on the board.

I am not trying to say “i am better than you” – I may have made just the same decisions in that situation – I just wondered how it is that these people get so damn convincing !! 

Claire.

latifah

In our defence, i would say that my husband fell in love head over hills, I was on holiday at the time. Puppy dog eyes, not enough research, I can tell you we’ve argued over this. But until you have a dog with pred, we’d never realise that there was such a dark side. Hubbie said he met her parents who were both as lovely temperament as latifah , and obviously farrokh, and all seemed in good condition. The breeder won him over. Unfortunatley he was miss sold as latifah wasn’t kc registered, although he filled out a form. She is of predigree, and now being tested for vwd. And we wouldn’t change her for the world.

*Lassie*

I am not trying to say “i am better than you” – I may have made just the same decisions in that situation – I just wondered how it is that these people get so damn convincing !!

Same as any conman/woman they are very convincing liars, they tell you what you want to hear 🙁 regardless whither it’s true or not.
    They have the additional hook of puppy dog breath and big puppy dog eyes. 😉

.dodger.

I agree. It probably wasn’t the best thing going to view breeders with my parents as they know nothing about german shepherds and i had limited knowledge. I wasn’t completely hooked until i saw the sire and then i just couldn’t say no. I think i knew on some level that i should go see some more breeders but my parents had finally said yes to me getting a pup so i felt i had to rush through it just incase they changed their minds. I look back now and see that i was so close to having a pup from excellent show lines with a sire who has 6 CCs, 5 Reserve CCs, excellent health results and was the 2nd top winning male in the uk 2007 but then i look at Dodge snuggled up on my bed and i couldn’t/wouldn’t change him for the world.
    It has provided me with knowledge and experience of what not to do next time and although it hasn’t been the nicest learning curve we’ve been through i feel everyone goes through it to some degree it’s just a shame that it’s been such an extreme road for us both. I now feel confident that my next dog, no matter what breed, will be the best one that i can find with my knowledge which is why researching is so important as i believe 2 years ago i picked the best puppy i could have with the knowledge i had.

*Lassie*

Laura you are mature beyond your years 😉
    I couldn’t have put it any better my self :ok:
    You should be proud of yourself and Dodger, you have worked hard to teach him and he is a credit to you.
    PS he is also one of the most handsome GSD I have seen :-*

.dodger.

:-* :-* Thanks Jacqui it really means a lot :yes:

*Nick*
    quote :

I just wondered how it is that these people get so damn convincing !!

because a dog is an affair of the heart, it’s as simple and as complex as that.

Anonymous

Agree with Nick

I was talking to a friend who’s friend was off to buy a pup from this woman tomorrow, fortunatley she asked me first whether I had heard of her, she has said she’s a really ‘nice’ woman :nono:, so nice she now goes under about 4 different names ::)
    I really do hope she doesnt go tomorrow as she a ‘softy’ and will just want to get the pup out of there, which is half the problem!
    Think in the other thread latifah has a link for small claims court? I hope you follow it through this woman really needs stopping >:(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime