Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

overweight dogs

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News overweight dogs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

gmtv this morning…

did a bit on fat dogs…angel a golden lab…7 stone  >:D poor lass..could barely walk…teats down to floor…fed pizza with extra toppings everyday… :'(

vet…’you can buy low calorie treats, give fruit, but not grapes as they bad for them  ::)’

mo said if you shout give the dog a bone once more i am going to stick a pork rib in you mouth… :-X :-X

angel has been removed from her owner by the rspca and is now in a foster home

get slim soon lass….. :-*

ami…..you on a diet  >:D

wwaahhhatagain!!!! meisskinnycomparedtoangeldog amilou  :boooo:

*Nat*

Missed this, poor Angel, hope she’s looked after better in her foster home  :-*

So sad makes me so bloody cross, and its always oh but they like their food  ::)

Justine&Rafe

Totally agree.

People don’t understand how cruel it is… The labs where I work were both overweight – one so much that she was really struggling with arthritis.  In 6 months they’d both slimmed down to a respectable size, infact, the fattie had gone a bit on the skinny side, but vet ok’d her as long as she didn’t lose any more as she now fit as a fiddle and not a click of an arthritic joint.  Think she must have lost a good 6/7kg.

It isn’t hard.  Feed them less.  Weigh them regularly.

Soooo many obese dogs about and they always look as though they’re struggling in some way or other.

Diesel73
    quote :

angel a golden lab…7 stone  poor lass

Is how many kilos?  :embarrass:

*Nat*

About 44.5 kilos Diesel!

Makes me laugh when people say oh i buy them low fat/slimming treats – hows about just feeding them less  ::)

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13969.msg264574#msg264574 date=1238102876]
    Makes me laugh when people say oh i buy them low fat/slimming treats – hows about just feeding them less  ::)
    [/quote]

Or buy the dogs diet biccies and then give them some of their dinner/takeaway,crisps etc  ::)

Gracie

A few large labs round here, one of the vets has threatened to take the dog off one of them, think that was the kick up the backside for them, they dont bring treats out anymore 🙂

Diesel73

[quote author=*Nat* link=topic=13969.msg264536#msg264536 date=1238083430]
    About 44.5 kilos Diesel!
    [/quote]
    Ohgod  >:( .

Known a lab once, blond lab named Max. He lived about 15 km from my place. Topweight was 70 kg and something, nearly 80. He was as wide as he was long. I don’t think he alive no more, but i hope the owners got shot soon after  ::) .
    Gave a comment about  his weight. His ownress said that getting him off the sofa to exercise was almost like dogabuse cause he didn’t want the exercise  :'( .

Justine&Rafe

And feeding him so much he was too fat to get off the sofa and act like a normal dog wasn’t, right.

Farm animals get better treatment than that – 5 freedoms – one of which is the freedom to display normal behaviours.  Another the freedom from pain and suffering.  Why there is no punishment (save as a very last resort from the RSPCA) is utterly beyond me.

Diesel73
    quote :

And feeding him so much he was too fat to get off the sofa and act like a normal dog wasn’t, right.

Nope, but the worst is whàt dogs like those a fed  🙁 .

I knew a 45K lab, had both cruciates done and is fatter than ever, back like a table top  🙁

Diesel73

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=13969.msg264757#msg264757 date=1238270529]
    I knew a 45K lab, had both cruciates done and is fatter than ever, back like a table top  🙁
    [/quote]
    Than you can guess what 70kg is like. Never knew a dog could actually weigh that much ànd still have a heartbeat.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime