Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Rally

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I’m off to a workshop about Rally obedience soon to see what its all about. just wondering if any of you have done any before?  🙂

bek

Never done rally obedience but have done rally o is it the same thing????

yep same thing  ;D

Izzie

Let us know how you get on Anna, would be interested to hear more  :ok:

.dodger.

same as Izzie, let us know how it goes 🙂

will do  :yes:  🙂

sheralike

We teach Rally but it is a steep learning curve for class and trainers at the moment!  The scoring system in my opinion is quite complicated and you really have to be in full thinking mode when following someone round a course!  Think it is easier to take part rather than judge!  But I am going on a workshop, probably same place, in August to learn to be a proper rally judge and things will hopefully become much clearer LOL!  My ‘bible’ is Click Your Way to Rally Obedience by Pamela Dennison.

at Moulton college?  ;D

justpetdogs

I’ve dabbled a little with it in one of my more advanced classes…everyone seemed to enjoy it because it’s got some degree of structure for the more advanced handlers without being as stuffy and rigid as competitive obedience.

Marion

sheralike

Yes at Moulton college, if you’re taking your dog we may be practising our judging skills on you in the afternoon, can I say sorry in advance?!! 
    at Moulton college?  ;D
    [/quote]

yes the lady i train with and i are bringing our labs!  :ok:  ;D

sheralike

;D  Oh well at least that’s a couple to practise on!!  Did a course this week at our IWSA champ show weekend set by an American trainer (can’t remember her name) but I must have done it wrong as I didn’t get placed!  It was good fun though and the dog loved it.  Last night at club had them working on dogs tucking their hind ends in when turning as apparently this is looked for on the right and left turns.  Practise by circling first and clicking when dog moves hind legs in then progress to going round four chairs again clicking for hind legs moving in.  Your body posture is very important as that tells the dog the direction of turn and yes, that includes your feet! This is going to be such fun I can just tell! :suspious:

sheralike

UK Rally is now taking off and I think it will be very popular once people get to know about it.  Several APDT trainers are now running classes and workshops so if you fancy doing something a bit different give it a go! 

leoti

I do rally with my pup Bruce and its great fun so anyone else giving it a go

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime