Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Where to find a Beagapoo breeder?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? Where to find a Beagapoo breeder?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    knackeredcow

Hi!
    We are thinking of getting a family dog and like Beagles. My mother who stays with us a few times a month is allergic to dog hair so we thought a cross between a poodle and a Beagle might be a good option.
    Does anyone know of a good breeder? We live in Dorset but would be willing to travel to a good breeder.
    Many Thanks
    Knackered Cow

Gwensway

Hi

I know this is going to sound hard hearted but are you really sure about this? if you get any pet your mother could be allergic to it’s hair.

Is it fair to bring a dog into your family only to find in a few months time it is not wanted because of mum’s allergy.

Gwen

Val

All breeds of dog have dander it is possible your mother has an allergy to this, so buying any dog is a risk, with a little understanding of genetics you will find out ALL these crosses run the risk of being just like all of our dogs as in every litter of four you will have at least two with a moulting coat.
    If you are looking for a breed that is going to be better for your mother then look towards buying a pure bred poodle but even then I would take your mother to meet the breed first
    Val

[quote author=knackeredcow link=topic=15208.msg275611#msg275611 date=1276112131]
    Hi!
    We are thinking of getting a family dog and like Beagles. My mother who stays with us a few times a month is allergic to dog hair so we thought a cross between a poodle and a Beagle might be a good option.
    Does anyone know of a good breeder? We live in Dorset but would be willing to travel to a good breeder.
    Many Thanks
    Knackered Cow
    [/quote]

sheralike

There are loads of non-shedding breeds such as the Bichon, Bedlington many of the terriers etc without breeding mongrels!  However, as has been said, it may be the dander or “bloom” on the coat that causes the trouble so your mother needs to spend time with a particular breed to see if she reacts.  Someone I know with the same problem ended up with a small American Hairless terrier, the Mexican Hairless was too big for him LOL!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime