Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

in need of a dog safety gate

Home Archive Forums General Category Sales and wanted in need of a dog safety gate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    clemence2425

i need to cordon of part of my flat as a dog free zone and have decided that given the layout and size of the aprtment etc the easiest way for me to do it is with a dog safety gate, like those ones that toddlers have at the top of stairs etc.
    this is what i was originally looking at, toddler gates: http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=587&q=toddler+gates+for+stairs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=dbgZTY6kMMW28QPCrOz9Bg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDwQrQQwAA because i didnt realise that they also made dog specific ones: http://www.twenga.co.uk/prices-dog-safety-gate.html now personally i have never had a toddler so i have no idea what the differences are in these gates, but a friend of mine in my building has a toddler gate to give away which would make my life easier if i could just use that but can anyone tell me if this would work? and if not are there specific brands/fittings i need to be looking for when i buy??

Izzie

It depends on whether your dog can jump, if they can jump a smaller baby gate you would be better off with a dog gate.

I would try the baby gate first off.

Mudgie

Mine used to shoulder charge them….  😮

clemence2425

shoulder charging?? wow! no im fairly sure there will be no shoulder charging, unless perhaps im cooking on the other side!! i will start with the baby gate as i dont see him as a jumper, if not i guess il have to upgrade, thanks. are the fixtures etc the same on both? is it just really a gate? apologies if that sounds silly but ive never really seen on in action before!

Mudgie

If the reward on the other side is great enough you need to have some firm commands in place no matter how strong the gate is  😉

*Nat*

We have a dog gate, used to hold back our Dobermann ok and it’s fine with our Staffie  ;D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime