Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

does anyone?

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip does anyone?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

make their own battered foods…like for example sweet and sour pork or chicken balls…or battered fish or cauli and aubergine etc etc…

mo has discovered/played around with …a tempura batter recipe…lol
    it brill…she used to make it with beer…

equal quantities of plain flour and cornflour…for 2 about a tbls of each…salt pepper…mix with aldi’s cheap 30p a tin version of red bull about a 1/3 to 2 tbls flour…mix to a custard sort of consistency…it brill…honest…

tonight we got curried cheese fritters using it…will let you know if it as good as the pork balls she did last week  ;D

love the parrot advert…likelikelikelike…haha

they sure have grabbed the advert campaign this year… 🙂

Anonymous

Sounds good…haven’t made own batter in long time…ever tried it with just a little garlic?…wondering how would be…..  :hungry:

kizkiznobite

the art of a tempura is no eggs…traditionally it done with a seltzer water…but it does need a cornflour or arrowroot base…mo will add stuff like garlic…mace…paprika…lemon… etc…it doesnt …when cooked …go yellow…it a pale batter…
    depending on what is dipped in…sometimes the egg white will be used…but rarely…a BIG i want shell and yolk from the dogs  lol …they have to earn it haha…

inevergetitiambadinevergetitunlessmomumfeelssorryforme  :'( percypercy

meisagoodboymelikeeggshellsandidontmakeamessitmineminemine  :ok: cubert

ineeditmore  :-\ tedtoo

mmmmeisbossdogifiwantitiwillhaveitifidontiwilldecide  :order: amilou

Anonymous

You on a higher plain than me, cook-wise. Then, you live w/expert. I more a mashed potato, meatloaf, string beans w/ham hocks for flavoring, black-bottom pie making own crust, steeped iced tea kind of gal.  Right now eating shrimp salad w/dark green lettuce (no iceberg for me–grew up on that tasteless stuff).  Listening to southern country music–putting me in happy mood, singing along!  Sweet little Brady watching me. We all curled up on couch. When I first sat down, had shrimp plate in hand & accidentally shoved it into Fraggle’s face. Not paying attention. He had good time licking ’round his mouth. Brady helped him out LOL . 

Hey have busy, so neglecting doggie food site. Will get to it…in meantime, when I make eggs tomorrow, do I just crush up egg shells to give to Fraggle & Brady?  Would half shells cut gums?  Been putting on compost pile.

Only got 1 hour sunlight left…better hurry take dogs for walk or they sulk later…

—Frags 🙁

kizkiznobite

egg shells…brill for calcium…saves money…mine will eat a whole raw egg…cube tends to carry it about for a bit  ::)  ami has it down to a fine art …crunch suck swollow crunch shell..

just give it them…wont cut gums..or stick in food..
    shrimps…mmm to us shrimps are we tiny things…guess your shrimps are what we call prawns or king prawns lol…yum

*Lassie*

black-bottom pie making own crust, steeped iced tea kind of gal

What is black-bottom pie????

kizkiznobite

haha…i dont like it…too sweet for me…it a bit like our egg custard tart but the pastry base is chocolate biscuit like we would do for cheesecake with digestives…

Anonymous

best pie I make–must be from scratch, resterant pie no good.  3 layers. Bottom rich chocolate. Middle rum custard. Top whipped cream gently folded into vanilla custard. When done, refrigerate 2 hours, then take trip to heaven.  :hungry:

*Lassie*

recipe…????
    love chocolate ;D

Anonymous

Will search for tomorrow–somewhere around here…

—Frags

Anonymous

Las, just starting to look for recipe, will find eventually.  Slept so late, got headache from too much sleep & stayed up entirely too late! About 4AM my time. Insomnia followed by sleeping too long–that my pattern. haha.  :sleepy:

Kiz, just remembered, got to take dog bowls outside & give Fraggle & Brady their first whole raw egg.  Always cooked them previously & no shell. Alright, here we go.

—-Frags

*Lassie*

No hurry Fragusa, when ever you have time :-*

Anonymous

Kiz: Fraggle & Brady loved the raw egg & shell! Gave each 1/2 egg in their bowls outside just in case they messy. Both ate the shells first–made quick work of them. Then Brady ran straight to door asking to go in–don’t know what that was about. But then he still occasionally lives in his own little world. Just 70% normal haha. Fraggle spent next 10 minutes circling small area searching for any dropped pieces (didn’t find any  hehe).  Feel inspired to finally take plunge & try to go raw. Yes, that’s right, been holding on to deep dark secret (shame). They already eat naners on regular basis, will buy live yogurt, neck bones next time I shop. Also liver, read on board recently how to make dried liver treats, will need to find again.  Are whole raw oats the kind you get at feed stores for horses? Not that I know anything about horses, but know where horse feed store is. Anywhere else they sell them?  Not in hot cereal section of grocery store, have looked before. Hmm… have thought about this for a long time, vet discouraged me, told me never feed bones.  This going to be adventure…maybe should chronicle progress on new thread.  Haven’t started a thread yet, but how hard could it be?  :happy:

As for shrimp, yes they big, all sizes referred to as shrimp, don’t think I’ve heard of prawns terminology.  :gum:

—-Frags

kizkiznobite

rolled oats…quaker oats ? quaker oatmeal?
    they good to give raw…

shrimps are tiny…prawns are big the commonest large one we eat…langoustine or dublin bay prawns generally called scampi…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephrops_norvegicus

and we have native lobsters…yummy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime