Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

we need our box

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip we need our box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

love cubert and livia and percy…xxxxx

[img width=468 height=351]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/PICT0571.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=351]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/PICT0568-1.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=351]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/PICT0556.jpg[/img]

hehe keep the box dont be meaaaaan!!!

mind seeing them lovely sparkly white coats – saw the GROTTIEST clumber at a show recently, never checked catalogue so dunno who it was but seriously it coulda done with a BATH before it arrived  :boooo:

Izzie

what show was it Suz and did you see the handler? might be able to say who it was!

kizkiznobite

OI…vote !!
    and stop hijacking our campaign …. :nono:

cubert, livia and percy xxxx

kizkiznobite

and anyway…they do not need baths  😛

the bath izz gave cubes was his first ever…rivers do just fine  :butt: :butt:
    and he still got a bad hair day…. ::) and he itchy  ::)

ididntlikeabathidontneedbathunlessiafleabagiselfclean  😮 cubert

Oh bev this one so needed a bath – its pants were literally yellow then black it was awful and all down its bib stained and dirt stuck to it!!

Iz will pm and let ya know but ii never took no notice of the handler!!!

And ive voted – keep the box 😀 😀

Izzie

ok hon.

Cubes needed that bath, that shampoo wasnt the best, will have to send you a better one! The water was black afterwards, never seen his skin sooo pink and clean  :tease:

kizkiznobite

but but…ok ok double thread  ::)

izzz ..ok…he not been normal groomed…not even for me…and yep i aint no good groomer…and we hadnt washed in river with olive oil soap since before i was ill so ok…but…it still made him bloody itchy  :canadian: and…of course it was bloody black…he had been in the grey pond mud with bonnie and flash the day before…. ::)

suz….you said seeing those sparkly white coats…that was cubes before a bath…dont need to bathe for a sparkly coat…brush releases the oils…wait a day …brush again….sparkly coat….and dont have to bathe to get rid of yellowing…rest my case

izzz…..how often have you seen urine stains on ami’s bum feathers?

just river…groom when dry…cue wee stance…trim stray bum feathers…
    this links to izz post and my saying the ‘lore’ is being lost……rae furness sorted this for me when i used to show polly…she NEVER bathed before showing…she used ermmmm…. val…what did she use that also cleans sheepskins??  can’t remember…powder…brush in brush out…

anyway…clumbers do not need bathing  😛

Val

Bicarb my dear bicarb to be honest I never bath my girls either breed before I show and if they get three baths a year they are lucky.
    I also use a very small amount of shampoo about a teaspoon then a put it in one of my bottle add water and do the oily bits like behind the ears,beardie beards round the girly bits then over the body no conditioners. Job done.
    The rest of the time I groom using talc with cornflower on the little ones and the beardies get a face and feet job I used to towel dry their face and feet and put bicarb in while they were damp then take it out at the show.
    I guess the one Suz saw has not had a dunk in the river or in my case sea.
    Not singing my own praises but I was known for presentation.
    If you are judged by old school judges they will put a shampooed dog down as the texture of the coat is lost both beardies and clumppies should have a water repellent coat remember the KC say Fit for Purpose and a coat that lets in the rain is not fit for purpose 
    Val

kizkiznobite

thanks val..i called sis…she thinks fullers earth? …that is what i was trying to remember i think??  😀 know we have chatted about it before….. 🙂

Izzie

Well unfortunately Livs has a tendency to c**p on herself so she has baths.

Never knew about bicarb though

Aww see i dont mind if it bathed or not – but i dont expect to see a minging dirty stained dog in show ring  :agree:

And i agree bev your dogs look lovely and clean in the pics – and if thats achieved by not bathing thats fine – but least they look clean and lovely  ;D

*Lassie*

if they get three baths a year they are lucky.

Thank you Val now I don’t feel so guilty that Willow is only bathed once or twice a year ;D

Val

You being young and mental chose breeds that need loads of bathing

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=16152.msg282162#msg282162 date=1321990541]
    Aww see i dont mind if it bathed or not – but i dont expect to see a minging dirty stained dog in show ring  :agree:

And i agree bev your dogs look lovely and clean in the pics – and if thats achieved by not bathing thats fine – but least they look clean and lovely  ;D
    [/quote]

Val

Even when I showed my Roughs all they got was a bit of grated carbolic soap shown to their ruff and feathers the last thing a Rough needs is a flat soft coat
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=16152.msg282169#msg282169 date=1321992176]
    if they get three baths a year they are lucky.

Thank you Val now I don’t feel so guilty that Willow is only bathed once or twice a year ;D
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime