Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

super tiny animals

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip super tiny animals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

Watched super tiny animals tonight, bad enough breeding them too small and the health problems it can cause but do they really have to dress them up to look stupid too, and the poor little bright pink dog with fairy wings :vomit:

Anonymous

Did not see show–no TV.  But don’t get me started…my biggest pet peeve re: dogs next to cruelty & neglect…intentially breeding dogs that will have a good chance of being unhealthy & suffering when could have been prevented…Shame, Shame, Shame.  Shame on those breeders.  And shame on AKC for giving papers to puppy mill dogs & not doing proper regular inspections (as they claim) & for not requiring all appropriate health tests before giving papers.  AKC has power to do so much, but care more for themselves & their money & high class image (not earned–really lowest of low, pretending to care about dogs…BS).  The people who truly care about dogs well-being are rescue people who volunteer their precious time & money to help all dogs including dogs suffering as a result of AKC policies & actions.  Hate AKC, puppy mills, bad breeders.  Major topic close to my heart.  These people have no conscience when it comes to dogs.  S-H-A-M-E

Fragusa, Citizen, United States of America

Diesel73

Last week…. I pick up kids from school (10&8years old). On the parkingspace we see a woman walking with a tiny dog with a thick raincoat on, including a little hood with fur  and little pink boots … Again with fur :scared: … My daughter said -very load  :butt: – ‘that’s just stupid, a doggy with a coat on’.
    Woman gives my my eldest a dirty look. My son -completely in stitches from laughing so hard- points his little 8year old finger at the dog and cried out ‘that ain’t no dog! That’s a rabbit on a lead! You don’t dress up dogs, THAT would be STOOOOOPID bwahahaha’ :canadian:

Needles to say the woman was NOT amuzed.  :whistle:

kizkiznobite

refused to watch it cos i knew it would set me off on one

”If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail.”
    — Fran Lebowitz

Just seen a group on FB offering teacup puppies as raffle prizes!!  >:( :boooo:

kizkiznobite

what?  ermmm ….i think that is illegal…in fact i am sure it is…are they from uk?

Nope, Houston Texas.  I’ve just seen a ‘micro tiny doll face poodle’ advertised for $4800!!  :surprise:

http://www.facebook.com/RoyalTeacupPuppies?sk=wall

ATTENTION! Winner based on Creativity for Christmas Theme along with vote points from your friends & families!

1. Send your pet’s best one photo to (email removed) Include your dog’s name! Subject put “Photo Contest”

2. Remember get your friends & family to like your dog’s picture to earn more points.

There will be top three winners.

1st winner FREE puppy off your choice!
    2nd winner $1000 off any puppy of your choice!
    3rd winner $500 off any puppy of your choice!

You will pay shipping cost of the puppy of your choice!

Val

Poor little s*ds they are groomed and trimmed to look like that

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=16174.msg282571#msg282571 date=1322758871]
    Nope, Houston Texas.  I’ve just seen a ‘micro tiny doll face poodle’ advertised for $4800!!  :surprise:

[/quote]

Diesel73

[quote author=Val link=topic=16174.msg282573#msg282573 date=1322762607]

Poor little s*ds they are groomed and trimmed to look like that

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=16174.msg282571#msg282571 date=1322758871]

[/quote]
    How can you tell, Val? What does your eye see that tells you they are trimmed? (just a dumb@rse question because i was wondering what a professioneye sees, cause i can not)
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Looked at web site, too many warning flags to count.  Called phone #888-294-0046 & asked a couple questions in as friendly way as possible.  Woman told me in broken English that puppy came with CKC papers for an extra fee (my understanding of CKC is that they will register any dog, but I haven’t checked this out).  She told me that her puppies are absolutely AKC registerable (but I would have to arrange & pay for this).  Maybe I’ll check this out. 

When I asked if parents or puppies have had any health tests, she said “yes”, then there was total silence, no more comment from her.  So I asked what health tests would have been done on a Maltese & she stonewalled.  So I asked if knees & eyes were tested & she hung up the phone.  I called her back at original phone # & left polite message, saying we must have been accidentally disconnected as I am on cell phone, left my first name & phone # & asked that she plz call back.  Phone # she calls you back from is blocked.  Number listed on site only takes messages.

Hasn’t called me back of course.  Puppy mill with a new twist.

—-Fragusa

kizkiznobite

what are the laws in the USA re raffle prizes frag…do you know?

Anonymous

That’s a good question…I honestly don’t know… might vary from state to state…do know that dog laws are lax in general & enforcement poor.  Hmm, gets me to thinking…

And of course she hasn’t called back.  Advertises her dogs start at $3,000.00 & up. States she makes no guarantee of eventual adult size or color although dogs are called “teacup” throughout her site.  Outrageous price over here.  And the word “healthy” is used over & over throughout her site even tho apparently (to me) no health tests. 

Frags

I saw bits of this , saw the tiny ( caqnt remember what it was) puppy diagnosed with hydrachaephulus – awful – my mates chi – honey smacked heads with him when he was 15 weeks old – fractured his skull, anyways long story short it was thought he might have that condition and the implications are frightening, so god knows why anyone would deliberately breed small dogs when they know this can happen.

should add mates chi comes form well bred litter all his litter mates are fine and his parents – and as much of his pedigree that we can check so she genuinely would of been very unlucky had he had it!

Anonymous

Problem over here is “teacup” pups, big scandal in dog world here.  Nonreputable, extra greedy breeders have bred down toy breeds to a rediculously tiny size cuz some buyers think they cute & will pay top dollar.  Teacups have all kinds of extra health problems & most buyers don’t know this.  Apparently will take a while to become common knowledge.  In meantime I really wish teacup buyers would do their homework before buying…thinking maybe they don’t cuz they got stars in their eyes & “I want, I want”.  Can empathize a little w/stars syndrome, almost adopted 3rd dog, 6yrs old, so sweet & loving, when there was a married couple standing right there who also wanted him.  Had to force myself to say “here, y’all take” cuz knew I couldn’t afford 3rd
    dog + 6 yr old dog not right choice for me as don’t do death thing well.  Know I made correct decision, but also remember stars in my eyes feeling.

Teacups can eventually cause broken hearts & broken wallets, sometimes have to be put down early in life…don’t even want to think about poor dogs’ totally preventable suffering.  What is wrong w/teacup breeders??  Greedy & don’t care about the dogs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime