Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

skin issues

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health skin issues

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gracie

I have permission from owner to post.
    This is a 9 yr old lab fed now on argen grange meat and veg I think (have not looked at ingredient list) has prev been fed JWB.
    The issues started 2 years ago, the owner went on holiday and dog left with inlaws on return owner noticed a small patch on back toe. dog is very nervous cannot be parted from her ‘sister’ 12 yr old lab stresses.
    The dog has underactive throid not sure how long for. never had any isses as younger dog other than mites in ears. vets done a skin scrape nothing so is getting bathed in malasab(sp)
    she doesnt come swimming due to skin but has a wash in the malasab
    any ideas?
    been to vet for 2nd opinion they said bath 3 times a week in malasab

Attachments:

id want to know how long shes had underactive thyroid – as a groomer i often see dogs with hairloss who are then diagnosed with that or sometimes cushings……the fact she has underactive thyroid im suprised vet hasnt suggested bloods to make sure any medication is at the right level – whats the rest of the coat like??

Gracie

Owner in tomorrow so will ask those Qs.
    The rest of the coat is fine abit dull it just feet tummy and then sort of pressure points, hock.

Can you get a pic of the rest of the coat – maybe a close up then a full side on type view….i know you say the coats fine but id be interested to see – i often see dogs where to the average person the coat looks ‘ok’ but to someone whos used to seeing coats in every shape and form it often not right 😉

mind saying that had a dog today who the vet KEEPS saying heart murmers grade one, and its coughing is just prolonged KC – yeah 3 MONTHS …….i kept saying about rthe enlarged ‘lumps’ in its neck glands/lymphnodes im not sure which, and then today she comes in with a stomach so distended its nearly at bursting – she saw the vet 4 weeks ago and they said she fine!! I sent them off to another vet whos graded her heart murmer higher hence the tummy thinks its fluid……thinks she is suffering recurring tonsilitus – hence the glands up BUT sadly it might be throat cancer……….possibly beyond help due to the length of time shes been ill…..bloody vets!!!

Gracie

got some pics not great but on hubbys phone will try and upload later.

Been tested for cushings as owner has horses so is aware (think one at yard suffers from it) I gently mentioned that can bring back a negative result as you said Suz and she aware of that also so will chat to Vet re retesting.
    Underactive T – been diagnosed for a year and they tested few times at start adjusting levels, ang retested a few months ago and the vets happy with levels.

Sweetypye

She might want to consider sending the bloods off to Jean Dodds (Hemopet) as they may have a different view. In general American levels differ from UK and just because the test show X this dog may need a different level of medication than currently given.

Look here

http://caninefilmacademy.com/

Gracie

pics below not great

Thanks Sweetypye will have a look at that and pass info onto owner.

Attachments:

Gracie

up close fur

Attachments:

hard to tell with pics but it doesnt looks as thick as id expect and maybe just the light but looks quite thin in places in second pic – i agree with SP get them bloods sent off .

Gracie

Thanks, will pass the info on 🙂

Gracie

Just looking at SP link this is in Berkshire, is this only place that does it or should customer ask for Serum Chemistry Profile or Chemistry Screen is sometimes called a chem screen or chem scan?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime