Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dobermann

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds Dobermann

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Elegant, graceful,protective,obedient and loyal. Very affectionate, always alert and aware of whats going on around them, try to hide and they WILL find you.  When working are generally used for guarding and protecting also they can be used for tracking. Dexter has a brilliant nose and he uses it well when needed. Never known any problems with them around children, my own Jay was only 6 months older than my son so they grew up together, and were the very best of friends.
    They are lap dogs and will sit on you if you allow them too though you would need quite a large chair :D.
    General maintenance quite easy, short haired easy to keep clean, quick brush and a wipe over with a towel and your done.
    Dogs are generally 26 – 28 inches Bitches 24 – 26 compact and muscular and very powerful.
    They come in a variety of colours Black, Brown, Blue and Fawn(Isabella)
    Fawn is not so common, but the Blue seems to be making a comeback, though is highly undesirable due to the many health problems it can suffer, also some breeders of Blues tend to be charging rather alot of money for them because they are are different, dont be caught out by this. There are as well Albinos which is VERY undesirable, these too suffer from a lot of ailments, (think I put a photo of one on the board somewhere).
    As with all dogs they have thier own illnesses, hip dysplaysia, VWD dog form of Haemophilia(sp)
    Wobblers(cervical vertebral instability), PHPV dots on the back of the lens in the eye and last but not least Cardiomylopathy (congestive heart failure), can be contained but is usually fatal.

I have had Dobes for 22 years I think are they fantastic dogs, and have never had a bad one, all dogs are what YOU make them. I have 2 at the moment father and Daughter, Dexter & Kodi and hope to do well showing Kodi this year, you never know might be at Crufts WITH her next year 😉 ;D

*Nat*

Summed them up very well Sue  🙂

Anonymous

good read  ;D

Dempseydobe

Hi guys,
    My mum and dad have always had dobes, but always one at a time.  I’ve got a 4 month old dog at the moment and he’s absolutely beautiful.
    My husband wants to get another dog, not necessarily another puppy.  I think we should wait until our dog is a bit older, but I think my husband doesn’t want to leave it until our one gets too territorial. I met a couple at ‘All about dogs’ who had a 6 month old bitch and a 9 month old dog, and said they get on really well and we didn’t need to wait until he was 1.
    Also I’m not sure I want another large dog, although I do love dobes.  Can you suggest and medium size breeds that will fit in well with a doberman?

Thanks

*Nat*

Hi & welcome – piccies please  ;D

I only have one, Piper is 3 but one day we will have another (once I’ve got round my husband)!! Wouldn’t want any other breed now! Jaydex who started this thread has 2, father and daughter – Dexter is 7 and Kodi 1  🙂

Anonymous

Hi
    This is the 2nd time I’ve had 2 together, dont really know when ‘the right time is’ to be honest, but dont think 2 puppies together is a good idea, as is ‘not from the same litter’. Jay was 7 when i got Dex, he hated him, wouldnt even look at him, took Jay about 3 weeks before they started to play with each other, from then on absolutely no problems, same with Dex & Kodi, Dex was 6 everytime Kodi went near him he’d grumble, get up and walk away, then one day, he was all over her, best buddies now.
    I quite like Viszla’s smaller than a dobe but still nice smooth lines, short hair and plenty of energy. 🙂

hunnoterra

Hello,
    Can you help me….I like advertise dobermann puppies on free dog-website. Can anyone me advise like this site?
    Thanks,

Anonymous

Are they KC registered? if so advertise them through the kennel club, I dont like the free ads sites >:(

Anonymous

We do not advertise pups for sale on this site
    Val

[quote author=hunnoterra link=topic=7108.msg153723#msg153723 date=1182980994]
    Hello,
    Can you help me….I like advertise dobermann puppies on free dog-website. Can anyone me advise like this site?
    Thanks,

[/quote]

Bilclarie

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=7108.msg126881#msg126881 date=1172923947]
    Elegant, graceful,protective,obedient and loyal. Very affectionate, always alert and aware of whats going on around them, try to hide and they WILL find you.  When working are generally used for guarding and protecting also they can be used for tracking. Dexter has a brilliant nose and he uses it well when needed. Never known any problems with them around children, my own Jay was only 6 months older than my son so they grew up together, and were the very best of friends.
    They are lap dogs and will sit on you if you allow them too though you would need quite a large chair :D.
    General maintenance quite easy, short haired easy to keep clean, quick brush and a wipe over with a towel and your done.
    Dogs are generally 26 – 28 inches Bitches 24 – 26 compact and muscular and very powerful.
    They come in a variety of colours Black, Brown, Blue and Fawn(Isabella)
    Fawn is not so common, but the Blue seems to be making a comeback, though is highly undesirable due to the many health problems it can suffer, also some breeders of Blues tend to be charging rather alot of money for them because they are are different, dont be caught out by this. There are as well Albinos which is VERY undesirable, these too suffer from a lot of ailments, (think I put a photo of one on the board somewhere).
    As with all dogs they have thier own illnesses, hip dysplaysia, VWD dog form of Haemophilia(sp)
    Wobblers(cervical vertebral instability), PHPV dots on the back of the lens in the eye and last but not least Cardiomylopathy (congestive heart failure), can be contained but is usually fatal.

I have had Dobes for 22 years I think are they fantastic dogs, and have never had a bad one, all dogs are what YOU make them. I have 2 at the moment father and Daughter, Dexter & Kodi and hope to do well showing Kodi this year, you never know might be at Crufts WITH her next year 😉 ;D

[/quote]
    Totally agree with this statement I have had Dobes for 24 yrs now and wouldn’t consider owning anything else, if I couldn’t have a Dobermann I wouldn’t own a dog

Mo xx

lucysmom

I have to agree with everything said. I had the pleasure of being owned and loved by a very special Doberman names Layla.
    She stole all our hearts in the five years that we had her in our lifes sadly she went to the rainbow bridge. eight years ago.

she will always be in my heart.

Rachel Lucy and Rip

Anonymous

my parents had dobes in the 70’s so i was brought up with them
    we showed and worked them
    all our breeding went back to Ch iceberg of tavey
    beautiful breed
    jo

Anonymous

Iceberg there a trip down memory lane  😉

[quote author=joles link=topic=7108.msg223849#msg223849 date=1213545933]
    my parents had dobes in the 70’s so i was brought up with them
    we showed and worked them
    all our breeding went back to Ch iceberg of tavey
    beautiful breed
    jo
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Gosh yes, way back believe he lived to be 13 or so.

Sure he was in Max’s pedigree along with Acclamation and Phileens Duty Free 🙂

Sal™

Hi, am new to this site and i’m having a read around it when I get the chance and noticed this thread.  I love the look of dobies, its a breed I would consider but don’t really know any personally.  What are they like to live with?  Are they easy to train? (or should I say do they like to please?).  Are they a breed you would keep with smaller dogs?  Obviously they have tails left on now – how does everyone with them feel about that?  (I feel I should be glad docking isn’t allowed, but love the look without tails  :-[).  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I’m not looking to obtain another big dog yet, but in the future I most certainly will be.  I have had GSDs for many years and think its time for a change!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime