Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

i want another dog

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds i want another dog

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

to chear myself up

BUT

i dont want a BC
    and
    i dont want a X breed

its got to be something
    quick, bright, not TO big, looks good, and not require endless amounts of grooming

my brain cant take the hammering of a kelpie – so not something thats going to overlly hammer my brain either

i have been looking at springers i like springers  ;D BUT are they going to finnish me off

One more cant hurt!  ;D

i would go for a swedish vallhund! i think there suppose to be good! not sure though ;D

Anonymous

Matt wants a patterdale

BUT it will be me that does all the trainning – and i dont know if i want something else thats going to constantly turn round and tell me to F off

Anonymous

u dont want a patt – trust me !!

they dont do “stopping and resting” ever !!

how about a little whippety person ? no grooming, will still go ratting / rabbiting / whatever with matt

Claire x

Brainless

[quote author=**mandy+niko** link=topic=9544.msg175566#msg175566 date=1191580362]
    i would go for a Swedish vallhund! i think there suppose to be good! not sure though ;D
    [/quote]

Nah you could go for one of the ones with legs, (Norwegian Elkhounds) very bright, medium size, sociable, but can you deal with a dog who likes to please itself?

Seriously they can be trained to competition level in obedience as long as you can motivate them and not bore them to tears as they have to see the point, pleasing you is not enough.

Off lead they are not clingy dogs so need to be taught a reliable recall from baby pups. They are confident dogs who naturally do not stick at heal being hunting dog prone to following it’s nose and going selectively deaf, but even if they bog off they will always find you  ::)

Seriously I find them so easy to live with as at home they chill out.  They can be noisy if allowed to be, (they are supposed to bark when they have their prey at bay) but it isn’t hard to teach them that barking will get their fun curtailed.

They are not the best for someone who likes a yes man workaholic, but great if you like a dog that has a mind of it’s own and will work with you (not for you).

Anonymous

OMG i dont do comp obedience – i tried it once and fell over – OB people dont find that funny where as its just part of the game in agility and in flyball everyone rushes to find there camera so they can embares you about it for the next 6 months  ;D

whippet – the collies would break it –  no seriouslly Flyte has enough scrapes without something with even less coat and thin skin

BUT Claire thats a good thing not stopping and resting  ;D i already have 5 like that and 1 that couldnt give a stuff

BUT yes thats a good point Claire – its got to be able to earn its dinner a bit so somthing that could go rabbiting has to be a bit of a bonus

kizkiznobite

toller – right height will and hunt and do comps – ideal  🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9544.msg175591#msg175591 date=1191583877]
    toller – right height will and hunt and do comps – ideal  🙂
    [/quote]

mmmmmmmm yes

i know i like them a lot (even though they only come in ginger)

its just finding one

Anonymous

tollers are GORGEOUS  ;D get one!

I know one called sasha and she is lovely

Brainless

[quote author=teamblackandwhite link=topic=9544.msg175588#msg175588 date=1191583834]
    OMG i dont do comp obedience – i tried it once and fell over – OB people dont find that funny where as its just part of the game in agility and in flyball everyone rushes to find there camera so they can embares you about it for the next 6 months  ;D

whippet – the collies would break it –  no seriouslly Flyte has enough scrapes without something with even less coat and thin skin

BUT Claire thats a good thing not stopping and resting  ;D i already have 5 like that and 1 that couldnt give a stuff

BUT yes thats a good point Claire – its got to be able to earn its dinner a bit so somthing that could go rabbiting has to be a bit of a bonus

[/quote]

Ah now Agility is very popular with the breed in the USA.

In fact when the sport first started the Top Agility dog all breeds was a Norwegian Elkhound bitch.

I have twice entered obedience classes at Exemption shows, but I couldn’t keep my left and right sraight in my head, poor dogs.

Anonymous

you write a big L on your left hand and a big R on your right hand

then get faulted for looking at your hands but at least you didnt go the wrong way  😀

kizkiznobite

there you go – teach the dog left and right but use the opposite when looking at you haha – aint we been here before  ;D ;D ;D

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9544.msg175636#msg175636 date=1191587129]
    there you go – teach the dog left and right but use the opposite when looking at you haha – aint we been here before  ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

your joking arnt you

you need to know your own left and right before you can teach the dog  ::)

kizkiznobite

but but  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime