Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: How to become a dog trainer

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training How to become a dog trainer Re: How to become a dog trainer

denisemcleod

Ok. I’ve read a few more of the replies and this is for the attention of Kiz, can I call you kiz?

I totally agree with you on the subject of canine behaviour and psychology courses. I am currently operating in an area where a number of people have been on them. They are now working as bewhaviourists in this area and I too spend time picking up their pieces.

I have recently heard of A dog/owner agression case where the ‘qualified’ behaviourist had ‘resolved’ the problem over the phone in 10 minutes without meeting either dog or owner. The owner has since been bitten several times, and the dog has now been destroyed.

Anyone interested in dog training please hear these comments. You can only learn how to train a dog by being taught, by a dog! Dogs are always the best teachers. And the more dog teachers you have the better a trainer you will be. Animals have a language of their oiwn. If you listen and watch carfeully you can pick it up. Some people do so intuitively, but others can be taught. 

Courses can provide a lot of techinical jargon to use and also a lot of really useful information and case studies. But you have to get in there with the dogs to really find out where it’s all at.

Watch dogs, walk dogs, train dogs, watch other people train their dogs, watch the good and the bad and spot the difference.

OBSERVATION! OBSERVATION! OBSERVATION!

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door