Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: how to deal with seperation anxiety

MeggieP

well… when we get ready to go we dont speak to her because I read that would ad to anxiety so we ignore her for 5 mins before but make sure she has everything she needs. when we come home we wait for her to settle down and take her out to the garden and play with her as normal. I always look at her when we go to check she’s ok in her crate and obviously have to look at her when we come back in to let her out and take her outside.

I want to get to the stage where we don’t need the crate anymore so we can leave her in the kitchen.

Reading some blogs I feel we have made some big mistakes. I enroled her at puppy school and we first got her she disn’t sleep at night and cried all the time. Our trainer told us to take the crate into our room and move her out slowly but with this and the not being able to leave the house I think we’re in a bit of a pickle!! Having the crate upstaires has meant that her house training is brilliant as if she wimpers we take her out dont speak to her and then put her back for remainder of the night.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime