Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge ….. Re: natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

kizkiznobite

prob easier to say what they can’t have  ;D

so the no’s are:

raw potato, rhubarb leaves, grapes, macadema nuts, avacado, onions  – in fact val has put up a list of poisons in the stickies i think  ;D

limit the banana’s they high in potassium and fruit sugars – mine get 1 small one a day
spinach is mega good as are pumpkin seeds – full of zinc good for coat and skin – most seeds are ok mine get safflower and linseeds – mine go daft for dried fruits like apricots and prunes but no sultanas or raisens as they dried grapes – my lot also go daft for roasted parsnips and roasted sweet potato but again they are high in sugars and they prefer their cauliflower raw  ;D they all like chickory but it a laxative like most of the lettuce family – beetroot is a big favourite too but beware it stains the poo and pee – look at the list of poisons other than that if they like it go for it

apple pips contain a very minute amount of a cyanide compound – if i give my lot an apple we find the pips are spit out – the only bits left – if adding apple to dinners i core them but it is only a trace amount – would have to eat lots  🙂

oo and chick peas – they adore chick peas on days we dont cook we throw in a tin – drained and washed

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime