Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Help! he’s driving me mad!!

charityuk

Kiz
behavioural endocrinolgy studies have clearly determined the effects hormonal release has on learning, with change in the intensity or the probability of a behaviours being sustained or learned

Ch

Hi, I think you mean puberty, am I right? showing all mammal males start to manufacture  testotstrone I think in many dogs its estimated at between 9-15% but they cannot get it closer with dogs because they are a synthetic species and characterisitics are not as universal as wild animals.Females the same changes and the manufacture of different chemicals at pubery which were/are absent prior puberty croosses all species.

But please post a study ref as without one studies should never be quoted because they cannot be checked as to exactly what is/has been concluded and from what study criterea.

I interprete what you say as meaning that dureing the periods of new chemicals being manufactured by the animal – that phase – is not sustained for life in its intensity/degree. Is that what you mean?

Yes the degrees of many things are different throughout life-they are not as ‘bouncy’ playfull after they leave puppy hood. The intenstity degree of behaviours at puberty and for around another year or 15 months is more intense and it is common in all mammals.

However,this does notstop learning, teaching methods need to be adjusted. So I guess my question is, have I understood you correctly or are you saying dogs and all mammals cannot be taught from puberty to late adolescence?

Buy please quote the study ref – as you probably know the bio-sceince behavioural studies on doemstic caninids are largely laughed at by phycisists as a joke, which is why I used the operant terms, they are not science except maths. How do I use quotes on here, thanks.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime