Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Help! he’s driving me mad!!

kizkiznobite

[quote author=Harvey link=topic=2487.msg23182#msg23182 date=1141128496]
I am also having similar problems have a 7 month old male, who is perfect at recall in the house, garden and at training class, but once outside at the beach or park, he suddenly forgets you exist, and loses his hearing.  He does not respond to toys, or smelly food (liver cake yum!) or even when you hide, he doesnt even notice your gone (though owners of other dogs certainly do notice you have high tailed it away from him.)  can anyone help!!
[/quote]

harvey whilst this is going on you need to go back to criteria levels 1 -2 then 3 -4 before testing outside, see the bit i did on criteria – if you keep allowing the breakdown when out you are rewarding the dog for breaking the cue – he needs to be prevented from doing this – so if you have to give that much exercise then get him on a lunge line – i would also start training the recall to whistle if you do not have that on cue already – start at criteria one just the same and work up the scale – always new cue old cue – so 3 blasts quickly (2 10 1/2 gun dog whistle ) followed by your normal recall – ie harvey here or what ever it is.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime