Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Just started barking in the house, flumoxed

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Just started barking in the house, flumoxed Re: Just started barking in the house, flumoxed

*Nick*

[quote author=Gracie link=topic=11866.msg226814#msg226814 date=1214430070]
When Bev was over / before Bev, Gracie did alot of alert barking that i ignored. Bev said to acknowledge it, by just stroking the back of your hand down cheek, and saying thank you its ok or something to that effect… as she is doing her job, she is raising the alarm for the pack leader to check out. she quiets quite quickly when i say from across the thank you it ok! as i guess she feels she has done her job! till the next noise  ::)
[/quote]

Sadie goes to the front window to bark at passing dogs or people or whatever she thinks is a problem…it isn’t really significant but I was looking for a way to stop it….then I read Gracies post last month I thought I’d give it a try.  Well, I do exactly what is suggested, I go over to her very calmly , give her a stroke on the head tell her ‘good girl, thank you’ and she stops immediately! She’ll then come trotting very proudly into the living room and lay down.  For dogs like Sadie and Gracie, this is brilliant advice and not something one would think of as it seems like reinforcement but it works a charm. Thanks to bev and gracie  :-*

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime