Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: walking on / off the lead

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training walking on / off the lead Re: walking on / off the lead

kizkiznobite

you need to teach what a recall is…what the behaviour is and that starts at criteria one up to 4 tested at 5…so no off leash until you can test it expecting fluency and without hesitation

the problem is you have already taught him that he doesnt have to come back on a recall…so you not now training you re-modifying learnt behaviour…..

the back of the hand touch is what i use…off leash in house at criteria one…the leash is completely irrelevant…totally….a recall is a recall is a recall …regardless…anytime anyplace anywhere….it the fastest way back to your feet …and it should be able to be ‘stopped’ and re cued into a sit a down a left a right whatever

loads on here re recall..as i said look at crazy with new lab puppy posts…get a whistle so recall has 3 cues…visual verbal and whistle…

you wont now get it fluent 100%…pup out off the classical learning stage as posted before but you should get a repair to 95% and the other 5% will have to be managed

[img width=468 height=351]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/recall.jpg[/img]

and a short leash is all wrong…leash needs to be loose…held in right hand dog on left walking nice a calm no pulling….

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime