Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Pedigree dogs exposed 19th August BBC1

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Pedigree dogs exposed 19th August BBC1 Re: Pedigree dogs exposed 19th August BBC1

Anonymous

Yet again we so agree the times I have put eye testing clinics on this site over the years they have all been BC clinics, they are yet another breed that are working hard on problems within the dogs.
As for my beloved beardies I spent the whole day at Bournemouth with the dobies and roughs I could not bear to watch the beardies I fear the last truly brown beardie has left the ring as a veteran he still wins the veteran stakes and yes Dy he has brown eyes with a lovely colour coat and you guess it could never get his title, he’s breed by a breeder that works her dogs on her own dairy farm, not what they want in the ring these days.
I have been asked twice this year to judge them but after my last judging appointment I could not bear to have to put up a dog that in my heart and soul I did not like.
Val

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=12209.msg237541#msg237541 date=1219406380]

quote :

n my worst nightmare I never dream’t they would use holocaust comparisons there must be some sick s*d on the research team to come up with that.

they could have used the time to show what some breeders are doing to ensure the health of their dogs-like the 5 DNA that responsible BC breeders have done on their breeding dogs as well as the clinical tests-yes the show BC breeders have changed the look & character of their BCs but they have not influenced the working BCs one bit in the look & character of their dogs.

IMHO show breeders have ruined the “show beardies””lovely straight floor length coats with straight partings down the back & head coat so thick they have to trim or even shave the hair between in eyes(not all show breeders but the vast majority of them)They have line bred to one dog & now have nowhere to go as he is in 90 % of the dogs pedigrees, they had to change the breed standard so that his offspring with very light eyes in all colours could continue to be successful. The old & original breed standard stated that the eyes should be brown, except in browns & fawns where it shoul follow the colour of the coat-it now states Syeyes to follow the colour of the coat-meaning the light slate dogs have light eyes, blues have light eyes etc etc

My Blue champion beardie had brown eyes, my brown beardies(much darker that the current doags)had brown eyes, my Slate beardie had brown eyes & my black beardie had brown eyes. How the h*ll does a black beardie have black eyes ???????

All the working beardies I have met have brown eyes irrespective of colour !

They needed a kind eye to be able to drive stock many miles to market, a light eye is not a kind eye
[/quote]

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door