Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: temper temper

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training temper temper Re: temper temper

hi laura, i was doing exactly this before bev came, that was the only way i could keep beau’s attention but as bev said, what happens when i lose a ball (and i have lost hundreds) so she compromised with me, if i have to have a ball then fine BUT i am in charge of the ball and play time, so we started by basically making beau give the ball directly into my hand instead of throwing it at me and dashing off….

then it progressed to sometimes we will and sometimes we won’t….. exactly as it sounds, i’ll throw when i feel like it or i’ll shove it into my pocket for a while….an no him throwing himself at me and climbing up me and trying to chew the ball out of my pocket, nipping my ass and whizzing around me in circles doesn’t get the ball  :nono:

but him being calm would, but saying that he had to be able to walk along with me calmly and sit etc when asked (i must have looked like a right loon)  ;D anyway so now after incorporating leave we can sit & leave lob the ball as far as possible then send to retrieve, i’m in control of the ball, we now also have a lovely (just carry it then) for when he is puffed out and he’ll trot along carrying it quietly.

so don’t worry bev will be able to sort you out one way or another, ball or no ball  :-*

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime