Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: German Shepherd diet hijack

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Re: German Shepherd diet hijack Re: German Shepherd diet hijack

Sweetypye

Actually there has only been a couple of studies involving tryptophan and protein and it was to do with specific behaviour ie territorial aggression.  As aggression is more complex than that it is not sound.

Secondly the experiment that people often quote when discussing the dangers of high protein diets was not a controlled one, it involved diets including tryptophan.

There is a case for behavioural modification purposes for feeding some dogs an extra carbohydrate meal with a Vitamin B6 (although most people now accept the complex is better) added for extreme cases however this has to do with a metabolism problem where dogs cannot metabolise tryptophan correctly.

My information does not come from Wikapeadia or any other web source unlike yours.

Some of us have actually studied nutrition, both animal and human (in my case, equine, canine and human).

My GSD is not a freak but a fabulous example of the breed both in physique and temperament. 

But I agree with Suz and Mark, we are all bored now, with your attempts to belittle the rest of us with your quasi scientific rubbish and lack of knowledge about GSD, titles and diet.

You remind me of that woman in the film Airplane, you know the one that everyone who sat next to committed suicide.

Why not join a forum where your half baked ideas and statements will not be challenged and you can be seen as the oracle (rather than the orifice)

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime