Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Bad relationship

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Bad relationship Re: Bad relationship

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12456.msg241035#msg241035 date=1221663691]
not sure what idea you want or expect re your dog  :-\ our dogs are our ambassadors is all i ever say…and if they have reasons for being what or rather what is not expected then so be it…ami does not like men with scottish accents…she has a valid reason…it is managed..so be it….so am puzzled…

my only comment that would poss disagree with your methods is the sustained down in a potentiallyiffy situation…but we do what we do what works…personally i wouldnt do that with a dog that was edgy..but…
[/quote]

If this is about Nell….not sure what you are saying re: what I want or expect….I don’t want anything….so apologies if any confusion.

The instant down was never, ever sustained.  I would not place an insecure dog in a sustained down.  She was flying out to a person or dog some distance away….could be ten yards or twenty or thirty.  So plenty of time to shout “Down”….dog downs, I go to dog and reward for the instant down, and place on lead.  The person or dog that she was flying at have had no time to react.  In fact, they usually didn’t even see what was happening.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime