Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Bad relationship

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Bad relationship Re: Bad relationship

Anonymous

right – i think i have it !

Dree – Apologies, from your posts I had a completely different interpretation!  As Izzy says you are using the down as a stop cue and then leashing her and avoiding other dogs.  Just out of interest – what do you do when other peoples annoyingly mis-behaved dogs race up to her (happens all the time to me)?

Dree – Bonnie isnt naughty, she followed every cue I gave her.  The fault is with me – I shouldnt have sent her to greet with so little ground visibility (long grass and a green toy) and next time I will think of this possible situation so thats another one added to my knowledge.  I expect William with his failings of reading the more subtle language in a dark coloured dog with a squashed face and no tail didnt realise he was gonna cop it and I missed it too for much the same reasons.  I just called them both back to me, got Bonnie to drop the ball so I could give it back and held them in a sustained wait until the Boxer and its ball had got far enough away that I knew further cues would hold 🙂

CJ – IMO letting him in the bedroom and on the bed (pack managers nest) is a sure fire way to give him idea’s above his station and is very poor advice.  He is probably now back to thinking he is the boss of you and thats why he’s taking the p*ss – just look at his breeding from Waggi’s comments about Oban (and bear in mind she has had actual working sheepdogs to compare and also knows other dogs from his lines).

Also – I would like to know which is left and right for “comeby” and “away” (i am not sure but i think “tome” is a seperate cue as I have seen “away” used without it aswell)  a bit like heelclose and just close on its own.  Might be trying Bonnie on stock soon !!!

Mudgie – good luck and you’ll knock ’em dead 🙂

Claire x

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever