Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: snapping

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training snapping Re: snapping

Anonymous

hi,

wasnt worried kerrie – i know you’ll be putting stan first, was just trying to give you an idea based on getting Bonnie & Mist from ‘raary’ to ‘real nice’ 😀

it sounds like he’s well on the way, i got to very much the same stage with Bonnie but rabbits were her “thing”

with us i think perhaps it was a mixture of things – she’s got his C5+D but she has effectively got another level … C5+ “normal distractions” and C5 + “dog distractions” if you see what i mean and because i was allowing her the behaviour (she was breaking cue) i was damaging my cue reliability and fluency AND allowing her the unwanted behaviour – aswell as these 2 things working against me because i knew she wasnt reliable i wasnt as firm in my cue delivery and i think she just buggered off because she didnt think i really meant it !

i think its always good to have someone look over what you are doing – i really need Bev to do the same for us as I have my heel-close cue in and she is doing it but what i have taught her isnt quite what i want if that makes sense lol !!

if you stuck for “friendly stooges” Ollie and Ben (who donna owns) both seemed nice boys.

Claire x

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door