Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: snapping

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training snapping Re: snapping

i will pm her in a minuet and see if i get a reply ;D

im glad im doing right with the recall 🙂
rewards are difficult, i dont use treats as when he is excited he sometime goes to grab them and catchs fingers, toys he will only play with so much before getting bored but his best rewards are starting at me stroking him or pat on head right the way upto me playing with him (high criteria reward)
when we do a recall with out dogs about his rewards vary from pat to play depending on how hard it was for him to come back, ie if he looks at bird but recalls then he gets pat but if he goes into flight after birds but recalls straight away then he gets play. with dogs about if he recall at all to me then he gets medium (big fuss but no play) type thing. hope that makes sence 😀

other dogs around dont bother me, i just note they are there and decide at that point if i need to recall stan to my side or if he will walk past fine

i have aloud him to ‘see off’ another dog who has come bounding over, high energy and jumping about over him and i dont mind him warning them or seeing off but its when he continues to chase.
in the past he used to warn (body lang) then mock charge (to see off) but that was it

thats great news about william and the goldie ;D so there is hope for me then 😀

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door