Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: snapping

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training snapping Re: snapping

i think im getting somewere ;D

yesterday morning i was out walking stan when a black lab apeared from around the bush (the bush was about 6foot away from stan and i was 6 foot from stan in other direction) stan imedietly went from play to dead stop, facing them, head low, tail straight, a typical ‘stay away’ posture. the other dog stop aswell but was in a ‘playfull’ stance. i tried a recall which was ignored so i moved round to were he would be able to see me (not getting any closer) then said ‘leave it’ in a deep obey me now type voice, the moment he looked at me i said ‘come’ and started flapping my arms, he then looked at the other dog for split second then lept away towards me and we had a hypo few mins 😀 PROGRESS i think ;D
yesterday evening we went out again (at a time when i knew there would be other dogs about) down the park and started playing on a grassy patch, two jackrussels apeared from round a bush (4 foot away) in a hyperactive play play play type attitued, the owners promtly caught them and put them on lead, but stan gave them one glance but turned back to me at a single recall and we had another hypo few mins ;D he a very clever dog ;D

all i need now is a willing person, and dog, so that i can work on a closer procimity with him 🙂

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime