Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: snapping

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training snapping Re: snapping

well i think we made great progress today ;D

this evening we went for a walk round the park, we got down there and there was one dog (it was tied to the railing at the playground) so i let stan off to have a run around and get rid of some energy. we walked round the park and just as we were coming back towards the carpark i saw a collie coming round the bushs, stan was 4 foot infront of me, as soon as he saw the other dog he laid down and then glanced back at me so i recalled (with fingers crossed he wwould come) after a moments hesitation he came (mega praise lots of play) he took a few steps towards the other dog then recalled straight back to me (mega mega praise)  however i could see that we were going to have a problem with this dog as it was bonding round and all play play look i have a stick 🙂 so i took a hold of stans collar just incase, as the other dog walked past stan took a bit of a lunge and a huff towards it then sat back down (the other owner was laughing at us which i thought was a bit mean :-\ as he could clearly see we were training).
as we reached the carpark a lady with a westie was coming towards us, i started doing some heel work with him until they were close to us then i had him sit down by my side ( they walked past us about a foot away) stans nose went out and he was all sniffy sniffy but his bum didnt move an inch ;D when they were past us i initiated play with stan and had lots of praise and well done, next thing i know hes shot off towards the westie 😮 (i was thinking oh god) i recalled (with fingers crossed) and after having a sniff of the westies bum he came back ;D with his tail going and mega wiggle bums and a masive grin on his face (needless to say he had MEGA MEGA praise) then i started doing heel work towards the exit (same way the westie was going) we caught up then overtook them and stan was perfect. i stopped at the exit to put him on the lead and as the lady was right behind i explained what i was doing and she said it was fine and that i was doing a great job ;D ;D

yay ;D

so claire do you think im heading in the right direction?

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime