Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Need Some Help

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Need Some Help Re: Need Some Help

Justine&Rafe

Laura, I really, really feel for what you are going through – you know me and Rafe have been going through hell the past few months, so I know what it feels like.

The only advice I can give you is for you, not really Dodger – get some Rescue Remedy spray. When Rafe and I were going through Crazy Lady heel close nightmare, I’d be almost in tears by the time I got to the bottom of the road – tense, screaming into my gloves because it was driving me mad!  And no doubt that didn’t help him.  So – rescue remedy just takes the edge off it.  Just a couple of sprays in the mouth when you feel you’re ready to scream.

The other thing that really helped me was to us one of those long training leads – Claire, what are they really called??  Not so he can be a long way away, but one that you can loop round your shoulder and clip back on itself – leaves both hands free.  Found that enormously helpful.  You will find that your tension kinda goes away a bit if you aren’t gripping on a lead at all. plus it leaves one hand for clicker and one for treats. 

It’s worth a try!

Also – am keeping watching this coz R has a bit of a tendency to charge up to everyone, it ain’t top priority right now though!

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime