Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Can stroke alter mental behaviour?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Can stroke alter mental behaviour? Re: Can stroke alter mental behaviour?

Diesel73
quote :

interesting….but am so glad he has a new lease of life    :agree:

Oh yes i do  :yes: . Thàt day i said to my vet; ‘i am not asking to get back a young dog, i just want my 12 year old back,… more or less.’
Little did i know bwahahaha  😀

quote :

his relationship with you, from his point of view, was/is based on work expectations and rewards such as your social appraisal being given for achieving….i would guess that the self rewards he has now discovered and the rewards the kiddies offer has counter conditioned this….

Hmmm  ::) , that might very well be what is ‘wrong’ …. He is like a kid in nurseryschool who just found out he can refuse standing in the naughty corner  :suspious: ….

quote :

so i think there is a mix of stuff happening…i would try taking the recall with you back to basics…if he is acting like a pup then treat him like a pup  and go back to how you train a pup to recall to you when there is the distraction of kiddies etc about…but you going to have to find a huge reward or make yourself extra rewarding me thinks  :yes:

Thàt won’t be to hard i think  😀 …….. i hope  ::)  😛

quote :

Wow… he does sound very happy, heehee…

Diane,…… he’s like a todler aaaall over again. I just hope that this time he’ll skip the teenage stage hahaha  😀 .

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime