Re: Doug has broken his leg : (

Home Main Forums Dogs Dogs Doug has broken his leg : ( Re: Doug has broken his leg : (

#73899
Dougsmum
Member

Thanks Bev. I have to admit i’m in a bit of a state at the mo so please bear with me.  :'( :'( :'(

I have just spoken to the Orthopedic Surgeon. He is concerned because he said his Thyriod levels are lower than the lowest point or something. He said he never normally operates on a dog with a Thyroid problem and told me that it slows the heart rate down alot and he is concerned about the Anethestic… he has said he can wait another day or two to see if his levels increase, but obviously the longer he leaves the break the harder the surgery will become, and obviously Doug is uncomfortable. He’s pretty much said the decision is mine. He is happy to wait and monitor him and see how he is tomorrow on the supplements.

I don’t know what to do for the best.

He has to have the op either way. I think he is on pain relief, sorry alot of pain relief and quite sedated.

The surgeon seems like he knows what he’s doing (lets hope so eh) but he is obviously waiting on the go ahead from me.

what do i do?

He can do the op tomorrow with his levels still low or wait until Tuesday with the chance that his levels have increased

sorry for the waffle. hope it all makes sense,

Thanks all xxx

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!