Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Doug has broken his leg : (

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Doug has broken his leg : ( Re: Doug has broken his leg : (

Dougsmum

He’s pulled through it!!!!!!!!!  :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

My god what a day. I cannot even begin to explain how much i was worrying about i was putting him through.  :vomit:

He was in surgery for 6 hours. He has had 12 pins, 2 plates, a wire and (i think) a larger looking bolt thing. I spent a long time with the vet who seemed fab. He is really pleased with the results. Ok it’s far from ideal but we spoke alot about his care and how long it’s going to take him to be back to his normal self. I think when i say normal i know he will never be the same but hopefully he will have a good quality of life after we make some adjustments. I must admit i think i’m going to be a bit over the top with him after this!!!! but it’s going to be hard not to  ::)

When i saw him he was sleeping, obviously very groggy after the GA. He’s on a drip and i think will stay in hospital for about 3 days. I’m so relieved he is ok. I’m a bit  🙁 about the quality of his life now but hey… we’ll do it together. I just need to get heaps and heaps of info on how to make things more comfortable for him.

Proper little trooper. I’m just pleased he is sorted. Even if he has got a leg full of metal

Way to go Doug…  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* xx

Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes

I’ll try and post some pics tomorrow when i’m back at work. His Xray looks interesting too if anyone wants to see my little Bionic dog!!! 

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime