Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Micro Chips may become compulsory!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Micro Chips may become compulsory! Re: Micro Chips may become compulsory!

Val

First of all I hate the nanny state to which we are all now living in.
On a less personal level I have seen the most horrendous things happen with these chips from dogs nearly breeding to death when they were chipped, to all the lets get trained to chip in a day band that are advertising and chipping all over the UK.
I have seen these chips being removed because they have migrated to shoulders making a dog lame to being removed from feet, one of the most worrying thing is the pet passport two show dogs that I know of this year have found there return journey  come to an end in France one of the dogs had to make a flight to another country back to the breeder the other had to do six months quarantine.
There are laws and different scanners all over the continent in fact the dog that went back to the breeder was tattooed as well as chipped. the owner was left driving across two countries to get him on a flight where he would be safe.
Back on a personal note why would I want to out a foreign object in any of my dogs
Val

[quote author=dogloverwoooo! link=topic=14868.msg273376#msg273376 date=1257181391]
Val can I just ask why you wouln’t chip? just interested  🙂
[/quote]

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever