Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: poppy day

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip poppy day Re: poppy day

kizkiznobite

yes frag…poppy day…11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour…and this year the 11th year…the village memorial is in a 17th cent. graveyard…a few years ago the village com. asked for volunteers to clear it out and restore it… it now a centre point of the village as a wild life haven…has won the best graveyard comp for a few years running now…we volunteered to do the bird feeding station as mo a bird lover…so we fill the feeders with seed and put fat balls and things down…when we moved into the village we always got ‘funny’ looks and such…as we gay with kids…but the even funnier when we started the remembrance thing cos we have always taken the dogs… ::) and many thought it was disrespectful etc etc…but…we both of an age to have lost relatives in the war…i was deprived of uncles…and i was always very close to an uncle that had been a POW in japan…he had a very painful life sadly…Mo never new her granpa…lost to gas ww1…and one of my hobbies is dogs of war…so to us it important…whatever dogs i have had have been taught the poppy day routine…we follow the british legion members down and we wait at the back while the vicar does his stuff…dogs in sit until the last post is sounded…although that has happened for the last couple of years…but if it is then i cue them to stand nice…then when the others leave we carry our poppies on wooden crosses…dogs have one each and we lay them…nice carry cubert…now dead…no no it stays there lol…

a couple of years ago when he was still puppy…we went down a few days later…he mooching about…we filling the bird feeders…he arrived at our feet with a mouth full of poppies :what: :what: badbadbad  ;D

just something that is important to us…we will watch the rem. evening held at the Royal Albert Hall tonight and we will be up to watch the march past the cenotaph 2mor morning…and will be crying my eyes out…as normal  ::) 🙂

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime