Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Free Shaping Snoozy

Anonymous

no offence meant here but its probably because of the way guys think

“anything i am not good at / dont understand is stupid”

one reason why clicker makes a good bridge is it is a consistant sound and not affected by stress of the situation especially good for higher criteria 🙂

i’ve included this to show you wills … (please excluse slow clicks in this – camera, clicker, treats was all a bit much lol !!)

i’ll tell u what i think she is doing and bev can tell u what he’s really thinking !!!

ok at first he is sat, because i have a clicker and treats in my hand he will automatically offer a sit to try and “win” one because he has learned that this behaviour gets treats in the past.  none come along so he re-settles himself to try and get something … some waiting and watching me and then i get what i’m thinking of … a down i am aiming the click as soon as his bum hits the ground, because he good at this and garden low criteria he is just getting jwb/burns pieces.  he does it again some more and gets more rewards then he realises they stop and offers something else, a sit which is clicked and rewarded this time as its something different, then a down is rewarded – notice that even though he can hear daddy and harry in the bath here he is still staying down.  he then comes to me which i couldnt reward coz i had to move the camera and couldnt click then offers 1 front paw which i missed too, the last “sit click” is stupidly late – a good example of “what u click for is what u get” if i had kept on with this and paired it with a visual/verbal i would probably have got “sit and look to one side” then you can see him sitting as i offer my hand out as a target which i dont reward coz its not what i want and then he nose-touches (also clicked a bit late due to not being omnipresent !!) and gets a treat … the end !!

before i started clicker he would not have kept offering like this so i could trap new things (like 1 paw up) …

[img width=300 height=245]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/clairewarden/bonnie/th_MOV01382.jpg[/img]

Claire 😉

p.s. video 2 follow in an hour or so when its downloaded !

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime