Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: exercising the mind – free shaping

Gracie

how do i freeshape gracie to tough object with back paw?
front paws, ans mouth, and sweaking the ball are no probs, but trying to get her to touch, put back foot in a ring?? help! she has only offered the behaviour once, which i clicked, and my clicking is getting good to!! clicked as her foot was on the ring, but she never put the two together back foot got the click!
so any ideas how i can get this one or is it just case of waiting it out! because she would need to put her back foot on lots of times in a row before i  can stop clicking the from paws?

also now with freeshaping she keep focused on me, she doesnt go off chasing flies or generally mess about, so am thinking maybe getting too easy, so i put down 3 objects, 2 balls diff colours and a teddy, wanted to touch green ball, she did well, then tested with blue ball, then went back to green. we only managed about 5 mins of this maybe not even that long – had to do some close recalls, to keep focus, and then she went back to green ball hugh bingo, well done etc, and i left it at that!
am i going to fast? not planning on doing multiple abjects all the time, but just to get her really thinking!

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime