Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Displacement

cjane

So, do you mean click when it’s in his mouth but delay the reward? Do I say ‘hold’ again then reward?

He does carry toys around, and tosses them up while playing.  He likes it when we throw toys for him to chase (he loves to chase!), he’ll pick them and ran about, but wont bring them back to continue the game.  Hence why I’m trying the back chained retrieve, but we’re not getting the hold.  Maybe he’s not keen on me holding the toy in his mouth?

The other problem is he sits down and wont move when we’re trying to take him out.  Obviously he’s not desperate for the toilet or he would be running, but the adverts are on TV and the film is about to start so it’s a good opportunity for a pitstop.  So the shoes and coat goes on, gloves, hat and scarf, and lead on, open front door and Tai sits down.  We try ‘Lets go’, running out trying to be exciting, but he’ll just sit.  Once we are outside he’s fine, sniffing and weeing quite happily.  But it’s just that initial sit down ‘I’m not going out there’ we trying to get around.

CJ

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door