Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

6 month old puppy going bald

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs 6 month old puppy going bald

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

hi and welcome

i would detox 5 days….then start a test diet…if you want to go natural then we can help with that…if you dont then i suggest naturediet

and you are paying this vet…TELL him you want a scrape done…or change vet….if mum had mange then pups will have had mites transfered….

Diesel73

[quote author=Annie Cameron link=topic=14022.msg265060#msg265060 date=1238589136]
    Took her to the vets yes and he didn’t seem overly concerned, he said that if it gets worse then to bring her back for skin scrape. 
    [/quote]
    Thàt was a give away. He let you not only pay for crapfood but for a visit too and did nothing  ??? .
    She has bald spots and he didn’t give you anything?

I would not have thàt vet near my boys anymore  ::) .

Hello and welcome – you have been given some great advice, so do come back and let us know how things are going  🙂

Justine&Rafe

I can see that everyone has given you lots of advice on here already!

If you have managed to take all that in – then re Stronghold – I dosed my dog with it last year and ALL his guard hairs on his coat fell out!  (Poor thing had no waterproof coat all winter)  In the side effects it notes hair loss in cats, so it’s not implausible to think it might cause it with sensitive dogs.

Have also recently had to take my dog off Royal Canin as he seems to have developed food allergies.  It isn’t a great food, and since he has been off it his skin is slooooowly improving.

Any skin stuff is hard to deal with, but the advice you’ll get on here is second to none.

P.s. can take up to 2 months for hair to grow back, so whatever you do be prepared for a bit of a wait!

aaah allo allo madamoiselle justine 😀

eye ‘ope youz are ‘aving aye wuuunderful ‘olidaye dans les enfants 😀

claire x

Diesel73

[quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=14022.msg265219#msg265219 date=1238772458]
    aaah allo allo madamoiselle justine 😀

eye ‘ope youz are ‘aving aye wuuunderful ‘olidaye dans les enfants 😀

claire x
    [/quote]
    Claire, c’est ‘avec’, pas ‘dans’.  😉

aaah oui oui …. avec … !!

(glad you corrected me there – wouldnt want anyone thinking inappropriate things were happening !!!  i havent done french for a looooong time !!)

j’habite l’angleterre – where ppl think everyone else should learn english 😀

claire x

Justine&Rafe

Bonsoir Claire, mon ami!!

Oui, j’ai passe un tres agreable sejours en France.  (Avec les enfants horribles – ils etaient un peu trying(whatever that is in Franglais))

J’ai trouve un scorpion (again, franglais), et je me suis bronzee un peu.

Oh!!  Et J’ai vu un mec tres beau dans le supermarche!  J’adore les gorgeous French blokes.

Desolee pour le lack of accents.  And proper French.

Oooh, and I’m back now!!

*bump*

hows pup doing ?

shiner

[quote author=Annie Cameron link=topic=14022.msg265053#msg265053 date=1238586022]
    :help:  I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers, one 5 year old male and a 6 month old bitch.  The pup seems to have developed bald patches over her body and under her arms.  There are a also a couple of bald patches on the top of her head.  She doesn’t seem to be scratching and the skin isn’t red but seems very dry.  I feed them both on Royal Canin (hers is puppy skin and digest) his is for fat boys who have just been chopped!  They have both been fully vaccinated, wormed and given the vets version of stronghold (can’t remember the name).  When I picked the pup up from the breeder her mum had fox mange, would this be the cause?  The male Staffie isn’t affected at all.  Please help.
    [/quote]

shiner

[quote author=Annie Cameron link=topic=14022.msg265053#msg265053 date=1238586022]
    :help:  I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers, one 5 year old male and a 6 month old bitch.  The pup seems to have developed bald patches over her body and under her arms.  There are a also a couple of bald patches on the top of her head.  She doesn’t seem to be scratching and the skin isn’t red but seems very dry.  I feed them both on Royal Canin (hers is puppy skin and digest) his is for fat boys who have just been chopped!  They have both been fully vaccinated, wormed and given the vets version of stronghold (can’t remember the name).  When I picked the pup up from the breeder her mum had fox mange, would this be the cause?  The male Staffie isn’t affected at all.  Please help.
    [/quote]

shiner

Just joined this Forum and aware your mail is more than 100 days old. I was wondering if your pups bald patches have now cleared.

Sorry I couldn’t give you earlier advise. I hope you didn’t spend a fortune with your vet for a condition which is most common in short coated dogs particularly Staffords… which usually clears by the time they are 12 months of age.

I am not saying the problem can/should be ignored, however there are other remedies which may be applied rather than chasing off to the Vets to spend hard earned wages.   

chip

would like to see some pics of your dogs .  thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime