Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

A case of mistaken identity

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion A case of mistaken identity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    melinda

I took Oscar to Pets at Home on sunday, to see about a car harness and get it fitted.

While I was there, he attracted quite a lot of attention and people wanting to pet him.

I was asked if he was a small great dane, or a foxhound/greyhound cross… which I thought was quite funny.  He’s a Pointer… but apparently they aren’t very well known.

It got me thinking about other cases of mistaken identity we’ve had, the best ones that spring to mind are a boy exclaiming ‘mummy, why is that lady walking a fox?’ (meaning Simba, my tiny rough collie)
    and when I was a child we had a red miniature dachshund.  We were walking him one day and someone asked why we had a weasel on a lead…  :what:

I find it quite funny, as I tend to know what most breeds are, or I just ask if I don’t know… but what other creatures have your pooches been mistaken for?

Mudgie

Was once asked by a 4 year old if Nacho was a pony  ;D

xtine

we usually get a ‘medium schnauzer’ or a ‘middle sized one’… but the other day we had ‘is that a normal schnauzer?’  ::) there aint nothing normal about fritz  😀 and that’s from mini schnauzer owners usually  😮

oh and Val, just for you.. we have had ‘that’s a bearded collie’ a few times and with such conviction too….. we always joke about telling people ridiculous breed when they ask…..  😀

ive had a few people ask if stan was a labrador 😀

*Nat*

Rottweiller has been suggested for Piper, understandable I guess as their colouring is the same but build wise she a tad slighter  ;D

sofapup

My Corgi :  A cross between a fox and a sausage. 🙂

sofapup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime