Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

a lesson in learning

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

you got it – then you have to start all over again at a higher criteria haha – like rabbit dummies – real ducks on water ::)

Anonymous

Will the criterias be the same or are they different for this work?

kizkiznobite

same 1,2,3 – 4 tends to be gundog classes which are usually held out of doors with all high drive dogs – if you go down that route then you work up the classes to trials and shooting so each has it’s own criteria – as in noisy dummy launchers etc – criteria 5 is huge – as lastpost – rabbits but duck on the water – ducks but game on land etc then up to 5ab then 5abc etc – it starts in the open with a couple of dogs and fun shoots for example with stuff then added up to the real thing – 40 or more guns – beaters, pickers up, loads of dogs sitting at peg, loads of dog working – loads of noise and game all over the place, blood smells, hyper people arguing – very intense 🙂

Anonymous

So my going to the fridge is the “bridge”  ??? He runs to the crate as he has no control over this as it is totally automatic – behaviour is now programmed into brain.  ::)  No need for training.  The training has been that every time I go to the fridge and get the kong we go to crate and he gets kong when in down position.  Now he longer thinks about it – automatic response.  Am I getting this??  :-\

kizkiznobite

the sheets i sent you – ucs to ucr etc write it out like that – and i will go thro it with you ;D

Anonymous

Okay

Unconditioned stimulus Fridge Door = Unconditioned response = pleasure
    Conditioned  and unconditioned stimulus fridge door and kong  = unconditioned response = pleasure
    conditioned and unconditioned stimulus fridge door + kong + crate = unconditioned response = pleasure
    conditioned and unconditioned stimulus down = conditioned response = pleasure
    So conditioned stimulus = fridge door/kong/crate/down = pleasure

No doubt I have made it too complicated.

He knows the sequence equates to pleasure so he goes through the sequence…. Fridge door, sees kong, goes to crate, lies down = pleasure.  :-\

kizkiznobite

pretty good  ;D – now start at the very begining ;D

Anonymous

In suits – going to work – he knows that means routine of doggie walkie etc.  Prior to that kong – all routine…. 

Same at night tv off, nacho wee wee, into bed, night night. light off…  see you in the morning………  Same dialect everynight.

Like this morning OH does morning walk, I let him into garden for wee, he came up stairs and waiting on OH getting ready before he came down stairs.  Everyone else downstairs he waits on OH and then walks to heel downstairs to front door to go…  He is so clever.  I never really think about it.  It is just our routine what he is conditioned now to do……….  Bev sometimes you just turn the light switch on…  ;D

Anonymous

This has really got me thinking.

Oven timer going off = conditioned response = salivates

kizkiznobite

very pavlovian ;D

think – do it – email it me ;D

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime