Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

A Visit to the Vet

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health A Visit to the Vet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

Nacho is booked in to see the vets this afternoon.  He is quite unwell.  For the past week or so he has had diarrhoea on and off.  I have starved him, fed him bland – boiled rice, mashed potatoes, chicken, fish, introduced his food slowly and he has been fine for a few days then the pattern starts again.  We have had every poo colour on the shade chart from yellow to almost black.  We have had the consistency of water to normal.  He has been up all night crying with cramps, he is tired, irritable (tried to nip me earlier) – not like him at all so he is obviously in pain, is constantly self medicated with grass.  I am at my wits end.  His pee is really strong and I cant get him to drink anything.  He is constantly shaking his head and doing that propellor thing with his ears.  All is not well.
    He just wants to sleep all the time.  He cant even get any enthusiasm to go for a walk.  He has had no exercise for 3 or 4 days now and anyone who knows Nacho, the fitness freak knows that is one sure sign he is not right.  He is totally food fixated but at the moment you could drag some dead venison through the house and he would show no interest.
    So I am off to see vet and if it means metacam for a few days to help settle him then so be it.  I just hope that all he has is an upset tummy but I am concerned about him.  :-*

Thinking fo you both, hope it isnt anything serious

Val

Everything crossed for Nacho
    Val

*Lassie*

Oh God Mudgie I hope he will be Ok.
    I am in a very dark place at the moment and wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
    Nacho – you start getting better now, you are too precious to lose and far too young to be scaring your Mum this way :nono:

Mudgie

Nacho is going to be fine – just eaten one of his little woodland “friends” and his tummy doesnt like it  😛 :vomit:
    :sick:
    Nothing serious just Nacho being Nacho and keeping me on my toes.  He has had a good night and although not back to his normal self he is mudge brighter.  🙂
    Lassie he isnt in double digits yet so he won’t be going anywhere  :-*

Val

Thats the boy Nacho wind her up  :canadian:

sony

Glad Nacho is feeling better Mudgie. My Rio had 10 days of S & D a couple of weeks ago.. Turned out it seems that she has become intolerant of any Wheat products.  No more fancy treats or home made buns for her! It’s awful to see them so poorly.. Upwards & onwards now eh!    :ok:

*Lassie*

So glad he is OK, it’s scary how quick they can go downhill, luckly they can bounce back just as quick – like kids :yes:

*Nat*

glad Nooch Pooch is ok  :-*

Mudgie

just looked at photos on signature – need to get some updated ones – he has a grey goatie now and is very muscular  😉 and very handsome – obviously

Travis 1

So pleased the gorgeous boy is okay 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime