Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Adverse reaction to food

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Adverse reaction to food

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Prem2Pram

This morning I let the minpins out for a wee (I went outside with them as I always do), once they had been we all went inside to the kitchen where I prepared their meal.

My lot have recently beeny fed on Arden Grange Salmon and Potatoe, however this morning as a treat I gave my them Naturediet Sensitive Salmon & Prawn, Vegetables & Rice and as soon as they had finished eating I noticed Holly’s face had started to swell up. There could be no other explanation for the swelling other than an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in the food, as Holly’s face was not swollen prior to eating and as I had been with them the whole time I can categorically state that she was not stung by anything and neither did she eat anything whilst outside pottying.

Here is a picture taken right after I had given her one Piriton tablet.
    [img width=468 height=462]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/mypins/Food%20Reaction/100_3414-resized.jpg[/img]

This picture was taken one hour after the Piriton tablet had been administered.
    [img width=378 height=468]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/mypins/Food%20Reaction/100_3424-resized.jpg[/img]

And this final picture was taken two hours after the Piriton tablet had been administered.
    [img width=468 height=451]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/mypins/Food%20Reaction/100_3426-resized.jpg[/img]

Added to post to say: I think at some point I might revert back to home cooking for the wee ones

:scared: OMG poor baby looks like she gone ten rounds with a boxer in the first pic – shes ok now then?  :-*  :-*

Izzie

Poor Holly, hope she is ok minpin.
    :-* :-*

*Nat*

Blimey she did swell up didn’t she  :surprise: Wonder what ingredient caused it, could it have been the prawn  ???

poor girl, hope shes ok now :-*

Prem2Pram

Holly is fine now thanks, the swelling has all gone.

It was very frightening experience and if it hadn’t been for Bev previously telling me to give Piriton when one of them was stung by a bee the outcome could have been devastating.

Go Bev You’re A Star

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime