Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Alaskan Malamute

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds Alaskan Malamute

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

You would have to ask the breeder if he/she minds you showing and if the pup in there view is good enough to show all the rest I can help you with
    Val

[quote author=Emelie link=topic=7208.msg169998#msg169998 date=1189447885]
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh………….

i do know them but can not think of them of top of my head…..

also the people i got them from (breeding for 27 years) show their dogs……….what do people think of this?  i wnat to do dog training but unsure about showing and what it involves!
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Have you any pictures of you pup yet? Emelie? ;D

Emelie

i get him on sunday so there will be lots then, the owners show theres and have already suggested showing ernie when he is old enough,just wondered what people thought to it and what it entales…… i have watched some dog shows, but thats watching and not the behind the scenes.

any other useful info i will need to know???

Anonymous

plenty of spare dosh ;D

Anonymous

Think I had better start a topic for this we have show training dotted all over this board.
    So whats his Affix do I know the breeder we wonder  ;D

[quote author=Emelie link=topic=7208.msg170251#msg170251 date=1189532819]
    i get him on sunday so there will be lots then, the owners show theres and have already suggested showing ernie when he is old enough,just wondered what people thought to it and what it entales…… i have watched some dog shows, but thats watching and not the behind the scenes.

any other useful info i will need to know???
    [/quote]

Emelie

whats the affix? dont know what that is……………  the breeder is in taunton……

Hiya Emelie

Good luck with your new addition. I’ve got 5 Malamutes so any questions feel free to shout!

Have you met your breeder and their dogs and did you see certificates for the hipscores of both parents? Should be a green certificate  ; The breed mean score is 13.
    You must also expect eyetest results too for both parents. Malamutes can suffer from hereditary cataracts  😉

Have a look at the Icebay Malamute Forum http://www.icebaymals.co.uk/forums/

Emelie

hiya seen the hip score and the eye one for both parents and actually form the grandad of pup as well………….

Anonymous

Lovely are they low?

[quote author=Emelie link=topic=7208.msg170957#msg170957 date=1189792406]
    hiya seen the hip score and the eye one for both parents and actually form the grandad of pup as well………….
    [/quote]

Emelie

the hip one was, but eye wasnt great but nothing to panic about either! the woman showed me her oldest malamute who is 15, and still chases squirrels, so made me feel better!!!

15  😮 thats a fab age  🙂

quote :

but eye wasnt great but nothing to panic about either

Emelie,

The eye test certificate will either show the dog as affected or unaffected by Hereditary Cataracts  ::)

wee_shee

The more mals the better, we need to overtake those pesky gundogs  >:D

Welcome to the world which will soon be upside down for you  ;). I’d recommend puppy classes as soon as the pup is able as mals are not the easiest dogs to train and its great to have some help. Master the basics and find a good ringcraft club in your area and visit a few shows, mal exhibitors are normally happy to help out others.

Start as you mean to go on hun, because that cute ball of fluff curled up on the sofa next to you will soon grow into a malamonster, and changing the rules when they get bigger will cause both of you alot of problems. Just one more thing a friend said to me and it  has rung true,

The Alaskan Malamute is not a breed, its a way of life  ;D

Anonymous

As Jessica has said The eye test certificate will either show the dog as affected or unaffected by Hereditary Cataracts  there is no such thing as not great you need to check this again to be safe Jessica knows this breed very well  ;D
    Val

[quote author=Emelie link=topic=7208.msg171021#msg171021 date=1189837979]
    the hip one was, but eye wasnt great but nothing to panic about either! the woman showed me her oldest malamute who is 15, and still chases squirrels, so made me feel better!!!

[/quote]

Emelie

maybe im getting the certs confused and it was only the hip one that we had seen from the mum and dad dog……. will def check tomorrow………. thanks for that reminder……

believe me Ernie is not gonna be on the sofa…………. i have borrowed baby gate from work, so hes not allowed upstairs………

still having probs with finding a good dog trainign school, only one in my region and have been put off by that one.

will look for ringcraft………….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime