Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

All dogs to be muzzled ?????????????????????????????????????

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News All dogs to be muzzled ?????????????????????????????????????

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Apparently that is what this coroner believes, that would be interesting I presume as this event happened in the home environs that the muzzling would be 24/7 which would conflict with the Animal Welfare Act 2006 & not allow

quote :

To exhibit normal behaviour patterns

whilst they are wearing the muzzle so the owners would be banned from keeping dogs & eventually there would be no dogs at all !!!!!

Anonymous

The way i read it, it wasn’t the coroner who said that bit but the grandfather of the child that died. :-\

Archie-Lee’s paternal grandfather Andrew Williamson echoed coroner David Hinchliff’s call for more stringent laws and said he wanted new legislation to demand that all dogs are kept muzzled.

Anonymous

Eitherway i think it’s more about the people who owned the dog & didn’t take it for a walk for 5 months. They are exactly the type of people who this legislation should be preventing from owning a dog.

Anonymous

OOps you are right, but how would it be policed & the gundog & hunting people would be slighty annoyed as their dogs wouldn’t be able to pick up the game maybe they could have a special muzzle with a shovel attached ! & how would dogs eat ??

Anonymous

I’m not sure they would be able to enforce it to be honest, dunno.  :-\ I am all for stricter control over who can breed & supply dogs that ‘may’ be dangerous in the wrong hands & this family are exactly the reason why i am in support of tighter rules, but i am not sure just how far is too far before it becomes draconian rule.

*Lassie*

The dog was pet bred and the dog did not have enough mental stimulation in the back yard where she was kept and had not been walked for five months.
    Never mind a muzzle for the dog they should be looking for a brain for the owners ::)

What a pile of…………….honestly I say two fingers to ANYONE who EVER tells me my dog must bemuzzled when out  >:D

*Nick*

I’m sorry , I know this is a serious topic but i just got a visual of the diva with a muzzle on……..teehee  😀 😀

This won’t happen, but changes are in the air that’s for sure.

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12279.msg237640#msg237640 date=1219446533]
    I’m sorry , I know this is a serious topic but i just got a visual of the diva with a muzzle on……..teehee  😀 😀

This won’t happen, but changes are in the air that’s for sure.
    [/quote]

is not funny!! :nono:

😀 😀

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=12279.msg237584#msg237584 date=1219428313]
    OOps you are right, but how would it be policed & the gundog & hunting people would be slighty annoyed as their dogs wouldn’t be able to pick up the game maybe they could have a special muzzle with a shovel attached ! & how would dogs eat ??
    [/quote]
    exactly! i mean, all dogs muzzled?! crazy crazy idea. it was awful what happened but some people are so quick to blame the dogs.  :-\ also what about assistance dogs? how woul they pick up?!

Anonymous

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=12279.msg237581#msg237581 date=1219427593]
    Apparently that is what this coroner believes, that would be interesting I presume as this event happened in the home environs that the muzzling would be 24/7 which would conflict with the Animal Welfare Act 2006 & not allow

quote :

To exhibit normal behaviour patterns

whilst they are wearing the muzzle so the owners would be banned from keeping dogs & eventually there would be no dogs at all !!!!!
    [/quote]my dog wont be muzzled if some one trys to mug me when i am out what can he do kick them if schools ran classes for pupils who want a dog we might have a new lot of owners with well trained dogs because its the owners not the dogs and a world with out dogs no thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime