Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Am I supposed to start my new puppy’s training right from the start?!?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Am I supposed to start my new puppy’s training right from the start?!?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

I’m beginning to wonder why any of us bothers ::)
    They want a quick fix to a problem then spit their dummy out when they get advice or told that the source that they got the pup from was dodgy ::)
    How Kiz and Val puts up with it is beyond me :-\

Actually I feel kind of sorry for this person – Terry that was a bit out of line, is a way to say things and that wasnt it. Not everybody knows dogs like we do, and maybe they did get a good dog by luck, but lets not shoot them down in flames just because they didnt know something

Yes ok they could of done more research – couldnt we all, I would of been just the same if id bought a pedigree dog before becoming a member of this board.

And Val wasnt being pedantic – for christ sakes we all make spelling mistakes, believe me she has enough on her plate without spell checking every post she puts up.

And now im cross really cross. >:(

i agree with suz, alot of us have been here, its a steep learning curve for alot of us and sometimes we just need to take it slow and be patient, i know when i first came on and was bluntly told how it was i wanted to just bury my head in the sand and not come back (easy option)…..but i didn’t i came back and very gradually started to learn and i have learned alot and i want to encourage others to learn too i just don’t know enough yet  🙁

anyway i could quite easily have taken the first few posts as a personal attack, but i didn’t and quickly learned that bev & val & everyone that has been here for a long time, they go over the same things again and again and again and in fact they are very patient! i think the rest of us should be too  :-\

Anonymous

To be honest some things never come accross very well on the internet because of the lack of visual communication – sometimes it’s easy for people to sound like they are being sarcastic when they genuinely are not.

Maybe it was just an information everload – i certainly don’t think we can be fairly compared to a dictatorship, from my understanding people were just helping crafty make informed decisions in his dog’s wellbeing re diet etc.

Having said that i am mortally offended at the prospect of being considered a snob. I couldn’t be more of a slaggy commoner if i tried. LOL  😀

Izzie

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=12066.msg232561#msg232561 date=1217083081]
    To be honest some things never come accross very well on the internet because of the lack of visual communication – sometimes it’s easy for people to sound like they are being sarcastic when they genuinely are not.

Maybe it was just an information everload – i certainly don’t think we can be fairly compared to a dictatorship, from my understanding people were just helping crafty make informed decisions in his dog’s wellbeing re diet etc.

Having said that i am mortally offended at the prospect of being considered a snob. I couldn’t be more of a slaggy commoner if i tried. LOL  😀

[/quote]

I agree, none of my posts were aimed to be in any sense of dictating, I was mearly pointing out that there is a wealth of info on this board for Crafty to go and read up about.  🙂

The whole point of the board imo is to go and research on here what you are looking for, then research on other sites -then make your own mind up.  🙂

I did it when I considered changing the girls over from dried to natural, and am doing it for the vaccines.  🙂

Besides, I cannot be a snob- I live in Essex!  :-[ 😀 😀 😀

kizkiznobite

ok – am back after the journey from hell…not eaten all day and dogs need sorting – gpt 700 emails and 20 pm.s ….had a quick flick through the training section…as i would… and this on top of the list..

lord knows what happened here  :-\ 🙁 but a well bred gunner lab puppy is just too good to loose off the board in my book ….so crafty if you reading this please come back and i will set you up ready for your gunner training when pup is old enough..please do come back ..as mark said the written word is sometimes hard to emote…but i would love to help  🙂

ps welcome – hopefully welcome back – but regardless …hope pup brings you much joy  🙂

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=12066.msg232561#msg232561 date=1217083081]

[/quote]

i totally agree with this too mark, except the slaggy commoner part  😮  😀 i’m just a drunken brash northerner  😉

Anonymous

please come back – i, for one thought you were doing good with getting your training started and looking into everything for puppy 🙂

claire x

wags

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12066.msg232585#msg232585 date=1217098746]

i totally agree with this too mark, except the slaggy commoner part  😮  😀 i’m just a drunken brash northerner  😉
    [/quote]

oh god if thats you – then what the hell am i

[quote author=wags link=topic=12066.msg232664#msg232664 date=1217163835]
    [quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12066.msg232585#msg232585 date=1217098746]

[/quote]

oh god if thats you – then what the hell am i
    [/quote]

:-*

Anonymous

I read this last week and nearly replied, but as haven’t been around much – didn’t have time to see the other posts, so didn’t want to misjudge the situation.  But TBH I thought he seemed rather jumped on him for no reason..  Loki cost a similar amount  :-\ and I did research getting him, but some of it was luck…  am glad he came back – not least cos then I can see more lab pics  ;D

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime